Let's Start an "ACS" (Apolyton Civ Site) Clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Start an "ACS" (Apolyton Civ Site) Clan

I passed the initiation rite for the "DeathLords" clan last night, and they asked me to join. However I got to thinking, "Do I really want to join a clan named DeathLords?" I talked to a bunch of the guys in the clan, and they all seem nice, but I just don't think "DeathLords" is my style.

So rather than join that clan, I thought it would be a good idea to try to start an "ACS" clan (ACS = Apolyton Civilization Site). Unlike other clans, ACS will have no initiation rite and probably won't get involved in any clan "wars". Anyone can join ACS, just put "ACS_" in front of your GameSpy name. For example, I will be "ACS_albiedamned".

Joining ACS means you are the type of player who prefers a more strategic game. While there will be no absolute rules, in general this means we like slower game speeds, bigger maps, and diplomacy game types. In general, we don't like rushing either, although as I said there will be no absolute rules.

The advantage of starting this clan is that when you log on to GameSpy, you can look for other "ACS_" players and know that they will be generally interested in the same type of game as you.

If anyone is interested, please reply to this thread. Or just go ahead and change your name to prefix it with "ACS_". But please reply to this thread also, just so I'll know if there is any interest or not. I'll be online this evening (US Eastern time), and I'll change my name then.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

I haven't played any online games yet, but I will soon and was planning to have my name as ACS_Poet or something similar. So I suppose you can consider me interested.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

ok... Although i donot agree with every rules u mentioned above, i would like to join it.

my id will be :ACS_ArchAngel.

Comment

It does sound interesting. It has, for several years, been my official policy not to be joining any clans, but I feel the urge to reconsider .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver - It's not really a clan like the other clans. It's mainly just a way of identifying other people that like to play with generally the same rules.

ArchAngel - That's fine if you don't agree with the rules I mentioned. Actually, I didn't say they were rules, just general guidelines. Nothing is to say we couldn't have a Normal speed game where everyone rushes!
          Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Albie, that's what I like about this . Hmm, I hope someone can recognize me by the name .

BTW, my gamespy name is, of course, Solver
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Excellent idea, Albie! I look forward to conquering the world with my ACS brethren.

ACS_Altus

Comment

I don't really like clans, tags mess up my name. But since this is a clan thats not really a clan, why bother? Would be better if we all just listed our Gamespy name on here and added each other to the buddy/friends list.

I got by ChaosLord or ChaotikVisions on it, usually keep an eye out for Apolyton people while i'm on.
                "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Ok, looks like we've got a pretty good response. I'm definitely hoping to see some ACS_* people when I go on tonight. I'm psyched that Altus is in, since he is my hosting buddy. He's hosted practically every game I've played online, and I don't think we've ever lost together . I can't host due to being behind a NAT Router, and Altus is one of the few people who hosts games on Slow. But hopefully with this ACS clan, we can find some more people to host on Slow. Although, of course, not every ACS games has to be Slow. No rules, just general guidelines.

Comment

Cool ... maybe I'll actually catch some of you online tonight.

ACS_Carch
                    _/\ C
                    Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

First ACS game. . . ends in Armageddon!!

I spotted ACS_Mythrandir, and we played what was supposed to be a quick 1 on 1 before dinner. Turns out we slugged it out the entire game, dead even practically the whole time. I nuked him I think 3 times, and apparently he didn't like that as he started nuking me back as soon as he could. Mythrandir mercifully nuked us into Armageddon, to end the stalemate. I believe he is going to post the recorded game somewhere, in case anyone is interested. I'll be back on later looking for more ACS'ers to play.

Comment

And this is exactly why I like the ACS initiative. I know the people I play against, and we can discuss the games we play.

I'm going to post the replay in the Strategy section.

Comment

here:
                          http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=88259

Comment

I just finished an exhilarating game with Albie ... a French civil war! After a long period of buildup, we finally met on the field in the Gunpowder age, and I slowly, slowly pushed my way northwest against vicious resistance to the outskirts of Paris.

I'll post the replay with comments after I have a good look at it.
                            _/\ C
                            Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Great idea on the ACS tag, I would definetly look for a poly player over someone else, simply because of the shared interest. See you there.
                              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                              X