Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else thing the fonts are hard to read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else thing the fonts are hard to read?

It could be my video card or settings or something, but i find the fonts to be atrocious in-game, heavily pixelated and extremely hard to read.

Using a radeon 8500, but haven't seen any support info about this particular problem.

Anyways, was curious if it was just me or if other people were experiencing it and ignoring it

Laz
    Last edited by Lazarous; June 4, 2003, 04:13.

Hmm, they look fine to me. Do you have a screenshot so we can see if its a problem with something on your side?
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Same card here, and no problem.... Maybe your monitor?

Comment

If you can tell me how to take a screenshot in-game, i'll provide one . Haven't been able to find a game command for it and prtscrn doesn't seem to do anything.

Laz

Comment

After having clicked on print screen, you need to get into a graphic application (e.g. PsP) and paste as new image... then save it...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The first one shows what i think is the excessively blocky text font and the totally unreadable numeric font (look at the resolution)

The second shows the same thing in-game, with the text visible in the help box and the numeric font still being nearly unreadable in the city info box (lower right).

Is this the way it looks for everyone or are my settings messed up?

Laz

Comment

Definitly something wrong on your end, not sure what it is though. Are you using latest drivers for your card and so forth?

Heres how it looks for me.
              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Strange...

you have some wierd gfx or font error.

it looks clear for other peoples.

try increasing your resolution.

Comment

It looks like your texel pixel centering has been changed and is overriding the games' code. Often, on the config panels for the video card, you'll find various "Compatibility" options. These should be set to the defaults. Likewise, for things like "Anisotropic Filtering", it's a good idea to leave those set to their defaults. Usually, this means letting the app control the settings.

Hope this helps,
                  J
                  Jason Coleman
                  Lead Programmer
                  Big Huge Games

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Turns out there was an update for my video card drivers and when i installed it, the text problem went away. Now everything is nicely crisp and easy to read

Laz

Comment

Always always always update all your drivers first!

I had to update my Router firmware to host multipllayer games.

Not only that, but I wasn't even aware I had an outdated sound driver. Lackluster video performanced in RoN encouraged me to check, and it made a huge difference!

Even if it seems unrelated, it can make a difference.
                      _/\ C
                      Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Working...
                      X