People with LOCK UPs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People with LOCK UPs...

Don't forget to go into your Device Manager, view RESOURCES BY CONNECTION and check to see if any cards are sharing IRQs that could be causing problems. It's normal for some devices to share IRQs, as there aren't many, but some cards, such as video and sound cards should not be sharing IRQs.

On the same token, I had a Creative Labs SB Audigy digital sound card, along with a Creative Labs DigitalVCR card. They both ended up on IRQ 11. Couldn't play for 3-5 minutes before lockups. Disabled DigitalVCR card from Device Manager, can now play all night long (and I've tested that!)

Anyways, machine is Athlon 2400XP, 512Mb, ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb 8x AGP, SB Audigy, ViaKT400 chipset w/ PC3200 RAM, Samsung 19" LCD

Of course you need to update all of your drivers, but if you've done that and are still experiencing lockups, check out the IRQ issues. It's fixed more than a few of my friend's machines.

Good lucK!
    Adam

Adam,

Slightly off topic - what Samsung LCD are you using?

Are you happy with it? I'm interested in a good LCD (black must reproduce as black not gray) and I shouldn't have to keep my head within a 0.5 degree angle for things to look ok.

Thanks,

C

Comment

I have the Samsung 191N...

Bought it online through Yahoo Shopping. Found a fantastic reseller that shipped the display that night! Paid for 3-day shipping and had it in two days.

I read PC World, PC Mag, etc and they all rated the Samsung 171N their highest ratings for a 17" display, so I decided to go with the 19".

I think I paid about $630 for it or so. Try this -

I bought from KnowledgeMicro. The price is higher on their site than Yahoo Shopping, so click the link from Yahoo shopping and it will take you to their site and charge you the lower amount.

Goot luck!
      Adam

Comment

Thanks for the information, Adam. The links were helpful.

Comment

Working...
        X