Question on garrisonning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on garrisonning

Does it matter how many guys I put into a city or a fort/keep to garrison it? I mean, a fort/keep will fire by itself, so if I put some peasants in it, will it fire faster or better? More peasants = more fire? How about if I put in some missile troops? Do they fire with their normal combat, or do they just add to the fort's fire? Or may be not at all? How about non-missile troops? Thanks in advance for any clue.

pesents add the least ammount to a city/tower/fort in terms of fire rate. Melee troops add more, but the best units to garison (if you want to improve fire rate) are ranged infantry. Each of theses improves the fire rate of the building to some extent. You can see this in the building stats when you select it. There will be a tower with an arrow comming out and next to it will be 2 numbers. Something like 2/3 which means it's firing at a rate of 2 and the max rate is 3.

P.S. Generals garisoned in towers/forts add range/attack.
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Comment

Use the help text (set on HIGH) for an explanation of a building's Garrison Power. With the building selected, place the cursor over the Garrison Power icon (tower with two arrows coming out of it) for an explanation of what affects this value. Essentially, it's determined by dividing the total strength of the garrisoning FOOT units (non-ranged units only contribute half their strength) by the strength of the building, up to the max value for Garrison Power (current/max).

A building may garrison 10 units, but not all of them will impact the building's Garrison Power value.

Comment

Generals garrisoned in cities do too.

Comment

Working...
        X