Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if both players had capitol victory at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if both players had capitol victory at the same time?

Say it is a two player game with capitol victory on, and both players take each other's capitol at the exact same second, and the timers are set to go off at exactly the same moment. What would happen? Would the game calculate it down to the microsecond of who got it first? Would it randomly choose one of the players to win?

I'm weird, I know.

While we wait for the answer to this, let's go flush all the toilets in the Pentagon simultaneously and see what happens.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

You could probably set this up in the scenario editor if you wanted to.

but one capital, with no other buildings or same-nationality units, on one island. And, on another, the same situation, but the other side's capital.

surround them with the same number and same type of enemy troops, but don't make tech high enough for the troops to be able to transport across water. if thats not possible for your test, then just keep cities isolated by putting them on cliffs or inside of mountains.

start it as a computer-only game.

you may have to run it several times, but I think eventually it would come close enough to find out.

Comment

I just imagine it like this:

BOOOOM!!!

Don't try it.

Comment

This has happend befor, we were discussing it in another RoN forum, what happend was this one guy, captured his opponets Capital about 5 seconds befor he lost his capital to the same enemy. This was made possible by both launching signifcant portions of their army at coincidently the same time, the "Retake capital" Timer was about 3 min for the guy who captured it first, and around 8 min for the guy who captured the second capital... So basicly (note this is all guessing seeing as to the best of my knowledge we only have one experiment to base our conclusion off of) the one who lost his capital first got some kind of a huge Dis-advantage point wise causing his retake capital to be drasticly lower, causing him to lose first.

I just came from basicly a day attempting to improve my spanish skills and i'm finding it extremely difficult to find the correct English words, so if any of that didn't come out as well as it should of been, i'm sorry
          If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

Working...
          X