Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have the full version, and I CAN't INSTALL IT... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have the full version, and I CAN't INSTALL IT... help!

So the problem is:
    when i'm trying to install it - it say's that I don't have DirectX 9 , despite the fact that i REALLY have DirectX9. Nevermind, when i click "ok" it says that it can't make a directory for a game.
    It doesn't even ask me where i want to install tha game. Help! What's wrong?

And by the way - it always wants to install game in C:\Program FIles\MicrosoftGames\Riseofnations

I was never asked where would i like to install game (no matter if i'm choosing express or custom install)...

Comment

1) Do you have administrator priveleges? Not having them would account for the refusal to create a game directory. Without administrator priveleges, it is hard to install software.

2) Go to the Run menu and execute dxdiag and make sure that your DirectX is in good shape. 9.0a is the latest version, btw.
      i · b · a = 3 · i · e ^ μ

Comment

He has admin... setup doesn't even run otherwise.

Yes, run dxdiag as wilebill says, and you may want to download DirectX setup and install it again, just in case.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes - i'm the admin.

My dxdiag also shows that I have DirectX9... I have even reinstalled DirectX9 several times (using the newest version from Microsoft site, and also trying the version from CD...)..

Anyway - thanx for your attention.

Comment

Working...
          X