Just upgraded to WinXp and..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just upgraded to WinXp and..

Wow! Increased performance all around, and RoN is no exception. Plus, some of the new problems I had encountered since the beta are gone.

Though, I no longer have the option to increase my rez to 1280x1024, but, meh. I really shouldn't be playing at that resolution anyhow (17" monitor).

theres an option in the rise2.ini file that allows you to pick it anyway, somethign like ShowAllResolutions or something.

i had to enable it, and i run fine.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

nice 1152x864 is my fav resolution....after that my refresh rate drops to 80 which isnt good on my eyes. thanks for the tip!

Comment

On my system for some reason I couldn't select a resolution higher than my desktop resolution - even after editing RISE2.INI.

I wanted to play at 1600x1200, but it wouldn't give that option. My desktop was set to 1280x1024. When I set my desktop to 1600x1200 - lo! the option appeared in RON.

After all that, I decided it wasn't worth it and went back to 1280x1024

Comment

Yeah, I know about the .ini option, but it was strange that I lost 1280 by default. But you know, I'm juse going to go with 1024 anyhow- a bit easier to read everything that way with my monitor.

Comment

you might want to update your video card drivers. I'm pretty sure RoN only gives you all the rez options if it recognizes your drivers, and the ones that come with XP are already pretty dated.

Comment

Working...
            X