Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Team Sportscast Network Radio Interview with BHG, Your Chance to Ask Questions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Team Sportscast Network Radio Interview with BHG, Your Chance to Ask Questions!!!

What: Interview with BHG about RoN LIVE On Air answering YOUR questions.

Who:[*]Jason Coleman VP Software[*]Paul Stephanouk Producer (aka GameGeek or BHG_Paul)[*]Pranas Pauliukonis Programmer (AI)[*]Michael Smith Artist[*]Graham Somers Community Relations

Where: The Team Sportscast Network, a shoutcast internet radio station for gamers! www.tsncentral.com

When: Friday, June 6th @ 7pm EST

Why: Because we love RoN!

The Team Sportscast Network is a shoutcast internet radio station. Shoutcast Internet Radio is a way of using the internet (as oposed to AM/FM signals) to transmit radio programs/music. TsN Specializes in broadcasting clan matches in FPS type games, but we also have interviews every once in a while, this is one of those times.

This will work pretty simply. All you need to listen to the interview is Winamp and you are set to go! See below for a complete FAQ about TsN. Try connecting to one of our nightly matches and if you are having problems post here to be sorted out before the interview.

The first section of the interview will have BHG introducing themselves, and I as well as a few other co-hosts will ask some opening, general intro questions about Rise of Nations for any listeners that are new to the game. After that we will open up to the listeners (thats you!) to send in the questions. All you need to do is send me a PM (Private message) through IRC or the TsN central forums. I will then screen the questions (to make sure the same question isn't asked repeatedly, etc.) and ask them on air in the order i recive them. I will post a complete FAQ of how to ask your question later in the week.

Below is a general FAQ about TsN. I encourage you to check us out and keep in touch! This friday's gonna be awsome!

[c=red]What is the Team Sportscast Network?[/c]
    TsN is a Shoutcast Internet radio station dedicated to bringing you the Online Gaming Revolution. Ever turned on the AM radio in your car and hear a basketball game or a baseball game and think to yourself "gee, i wonder why they don't do that for the kinds of games I play?" Well for the last 3 years TsN has been growing and expanding our coverage. This year we've taken on the monumental task of casting BF1942, C&C: Generals, and Warcraft 3. In the future I will test out how well RoN casts work. If you've never heard a TsN shoutcast, here's an example: The Best of TsN. These are all FPS based clips (mostly tribes1/2) but we also have casts for War3 and C&C:Generals.

[c=red]How do i tune in?[/c]
    The only program required is Winamp (or another program that can stream .mp3s). To connect you simply click here and select the correct server (banner at top of the page). When you click the link winamp should open (if it is your default .pls player) and load our server relays into your playlist.

Server assignments an change at the last minute, events are not always going to be on a specific server, so probably the easiest way is to go to our homepage www.tsncentral.com and simply look at the top banner when it's matchtime. Each server has a discription of what event is being played so you simply click the server where it displays RoN Interview.

[c=red]How can i interact?[/c]
    IRC is the primary tool for interaction with TsN DJs and listeners. We have 3 channels on the 3 major gaming networks:
    [*][ Protocol 'irc' in URL is not supported ] on Gamesnet (Primary)[*][ Protocol 'irc' in URL is not supported ] on EnterTheGame[*][ Protocol 'irc' in URL is not supported ] on Quakenet

By far our gamesnet channel gets the most listeners interacting durring BF matches (many clans on that network). So if you want to chat with other people listening in that would be the place to do it! Also you can PM the DJ with any shoutouts you might have (no guarantees!).

Another way is to download the TsN mIRC Cliant. This is a simple mIRC script that loads 3 buttons on the top bar of your mIRC program. They will light up green when TsN servers are on the air, and red when they are down. Simply press the corisponding button to get information about that server (what event is being broadcast, who is the DJ, how many listeners, etc).

[c=red]How Do I Call In?[/c]
    For times when listeners are asked to call in, we will most likely use a program known as Buddyphone (ver. 2.11) in which you "call" my IP. It's a small program that's easy to install. All you need is speakers and a mic and your on air! You can download it at our website. I will announce the IP in #tsncentral whenever you can call in so idle in there durring the show!

[c=red]Can i be a TsN DJ?[/c]
    Glad you asked! We're always looking for more talanted casters. If you want to cast BF or any other game for us, please go to this page and submit an application. With that application you submit a demo of your gamecasting abilities. It need be no longer than 3 minutes, (but can be if you like) and all you need to do is go on a public server and cast the action (or ask a clan for permission to spec their match). If you can use the older DSP version 1.8.0 because that has a record feature, but often crashes on Windows XP. If you crash while using 1.8.0 try the new version 1.8.2 and find yourself a stream ripper to record your cast. We have a zipfile with helpful stuff to the first time shoutcaster along with a Shoutcasting 101 section on the website.

[c=red]Anything else?[/c]
    We fully encourage you to support TsN by going to our forums and voicing your feedback on our casts. Didn't like the background music? Were the casters totaly ignorant of the game they were casting? (Yes i'm talking about archvile ) Did we do great? (we like that one!) and any other requests/feedback you have for us. Also you can view all our upcoming matches right on the main page at www.tsncentral.com

These broadcasts are braught to you by Speakeasy DSL and the Online Gaming League so please support us by supporting them!
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Hey, any Apolyton Newsies, any chance of a post for this?
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Comment

Working...
    X