Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statue of Liberty - Extremely Important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statue of Liberty - Extremely Important?

In my games, the Statue of Liberty is the "must get" wonder, for the no attrition effects. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I overrated the Statue?
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

I'd consider it only if the Russians were in the game... it has some other nice bonuses.

I consider colossus and eifel my must gets.

Comment

No attrition + free upgrades... do you really need more ?
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

id rather have +50 pop

Comment

In Information Age the extra pop is, of course, fantastic. 50 more units in those huge battles mean that you win them. Still, Statue of Liberty is outstanding .

Comment

yeah Ive recently learned that they could have +10,000 percent atrition and the statue of liberty, with its -100 percent, negates it. insane....

Comment

I still don't think SoL is all that great. Collosus and ToT (and maybe AW) are my favorites for the early game. For late game i like kremlin and eifel tower (and of course the inf age wonders ROCK).
              "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
              - UberKruX

Comment

Eiffel Tower is great for economy, yeah... ToT is something I can live without, though, usually.

Comment

DON'T YOU DARE EVEN START IT. IT'S MINE!!!

i mean, no. of coruse not.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'd never turn down a wonder- you can just put any one of them in my backyard.

I like them all, and each have their bonuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Eiffel Tower is great for economy, yeah... ToT is something I can live without, though, usually.
                      yea, i never bother with ToT. i usually have a decent (not booming) timber economy, right up until it becomes relatively obsolete. i never find myself that short changed.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Someone had a post on the heavengames about a great use of SoL: Use it to upgrade, for free, lots of oil-dependent units like heavy cavalry. No need to go to the market and suddenly buy up a lot of oil to start producing tanks. Simply make a ton of heavy cav. and make the SoL. Then, roll into enemy territory with no worries about attritions.

Comment

Statue of Liberty has to be one of the best Wonders. I like the no attrition as a side bonus; the free upgrades is wonderful. Especially when playing as Egypt: build the Statue in the Enlightenment Age, then as soon as you hit Industrial all of your cavalry get upgraded to tanks absolutely free and instantly. It's great to launch an Enlightenment Age attack when you have the Statue and are about to hit Industrial Age.

Comment

And a nice little twist - while enemy might have many Pikemen and be very happy with them against your cavalry, the moment they turn into Tanks, his pikemen are wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                              And a nice little twist - while enemy might have many Pikemen and be very happy with them against your cavalry, the moment they turn into Tanks, his pikemen are wasted.
                              lol ud have to be 2 ages up on your enemy. wouldnt be too hard to win from that position anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X