No announcement yet.

I found this annoying in Civ3 and now I find it in RoN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my last game (4 players per team, two teams...) I was only attack by the enemy living next to my borders, why my ally was under attack by the enemy living next to his borders... those AI's who had no enemy next to borders, wasn't under attack at all... and never joined a war...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

In my limited expierence with the game, I've never been in such a position. Did you do anything to make them mad?
      The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West. -- George Lincoln Rockwell
      The American sold his birthright in a continent to solve a labor problem. -- Madison Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
        Well it's not fun when everyone is at war with you, I find it kind of unrealistic - and that is not fun for me.
        I bet you provoked them.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

In the diplomacy games I have played I have often found myself in the opposite situation. I can play quite peacefully on my own while the AI's battle with each other. Unless I declare war, I often find that I only go to war if my ally goes to war with someone or if the AI is very big a powerful and has killed everyone else and decides it's my turn This is on moderate level, on the easier levels it's about the same except it's me who is telling the AI it's his turn

Comment

I have Never yet seen the benifit of Allies. They do Nothing! I flag them "Move Army Here" or simply "Help", but he just continues to ignore me. AI Allies are less than useless.

Or am I doing something wrong?
            APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.

Comment

I've got the same problem... can't get the AI to attack on my commando... Though sometimes the AI attacks neighbor cities to the city I'm attacking...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I am normally peaceful until I see an opening for war. I did nothing to upset the other civs.
                be free

Comment

I hit 19 once and the allie attacked right then and there. (19 is "attack!").
                  "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
                  - UberKruX

Comment

I've seemed to notice that sending a scout on autoexplore will sometimes pisss off every civ it passes through.

I was playing Dip on Desert Oasis as Mongols, and as soon as my auto-exploring scout passed near the Korean captial, they declared war on me, even though it appeared they didn't have any military to speak of.

Similiar things have happened in other games too. Perhaps the AI script has something like:

if (I see scout near my capital) and (the other guy is not insanely powerful)
                    DECLARE WAR
                    end if

Comment

Working...
                    X