I found this annoying in Civ3 and now I find it in RoN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this annoying in Civ3 and now I find it in RoN

Everyone is at war with me! WHY! Why does this always happen!? Can't they pick on someone else, no, since I am the human player, I must be the one and only enemy. That's what it feels like.
    Attached Files
    be free

lies. red is allied with you.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I allied with the French right at the beginning of the game because they are right next to me, I thought they would come in handy - which, amazingly, they did, a first I have ever seen in any game that uses alliance features. My weakest city was being attacked from the north, from EVERY CIV (except French). I manage to back 2 civs off, but while another 2 were approaching, I had no army left and no money (I am playing on Tough, Very Slow and Very Slow Tech) to buy anymore men. So as these 2 masses of armies from 2 different civ's started bashing my northern city to bits, the FRENCH army came marching in. (Now i know how the American's felt during the Independence war ). BUT! What do they do? NOTHING, they just sit there, and watch me get beaten up. I think they were standing by to see if I could handle them myself - which I did, barely! So they decided to go back home. (Every civ is on their own island in this map btw).

Anyway, so the Russians decide to have a go at me, and I think to myself, this is going to never end, and I can't afford to be at war with 6 civs at once! So I quit
      be free

Comment

Snoopy, you can give your AI units orders, such as "move troops here" or "build more navy" and such. Just hit your chat key and then type in a number between 1 and 25 (or is it 24?).

To tell them where to send troops, do the "send troops here" message and then use a flare to point where you want their troops. That should help.

ALso 4-7 will ask your ally for food/wood/wealth/metal and i they have any to spare they will send it your way.
        "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
        - UberKruX

Comment

once used the "i need food" command, and got 4.

gee, thanks
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

ohhhh, thanks for that info, this game is deep!
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
              once used the "i need food" command, and got 4.

gee, thanks
              So, what are you complaining about? You got what you asked for
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Oh come on... we can take 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  So as these 2 masses of armies from 2 different civ's started bashing my northern city to bits, the FRENCH army came marching in. (Now i know how the American's felt during the Independence war ). BUT! What do they do? NOTHING, they just sit there, and watch me get beaten up. I think they were standing by to see if I could handle them myself - which I did, barely! So they decided to go back home.
                  There's a joke there somewhere
                  ----
                  "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

[monty python]
                    Run Awaaaayy !!!
                    [/m p]
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hasnt been my experience thus far... I might be at war with 2 at most but I do go to war more if my allied with someone.... they go to war so I need to also

(Im not french lol... I help my allies....lol couldnt help it)

Comment

Don't be such a wuss. AI's are dog meat!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well it's not fun when everyone is at war with you, I find it kind of unrealistic - and that is not fun for me.
                          be free

Comment

To date I have only played "Survival of the Fittest" games. No diplomacy; everyone is always at war with you, but they are also at war with everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                              Well it's not fun when everyone is at war with you, I find it kind of unrealistic - and that is not fun for me.
                              maybe you shouldn't act like hitler, nazi scum!

Comment

Working...
                              X