RoN Strat Guide.. Is it any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoN Strat Guide.. Is it any good?

I'm thinking about picking this up on my lunch break. Does anyone else have this and is it any good?
    Knavery

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck."
    -- George Carlin

I guess it's a Prima one?
    If so, don't bother (Mind you that I have not seen it, my post is based on previous - well, others, not mine - experiences ).
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Actually, it is Sybex....and i don't think it is too bad....one of the better ones....mucho better than Civ3's strat guide....and considering the RoN manual is almost non-existent...well, I am glad I bought it...

Comment

The limited edition one (the mini one that came with pre-ordered games from ebworld) is terrible.

I don't know about the full version one though...

Comment

start guides are for losers that dont read the strat forums.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Prima guides are horrible. Sybex's RoN guide is well worth the $10 I paid for it at CompUSA last week. It's an enjoyable (and informative) read.

Comment

It's probably worthwhile getting (not a waste like that CivIII Prima guide), since the game itself lacks a comprehensive user's manual, but check the forums if you're looking for more detailed information on strategies.

The guide features a RoN poster. Too bad it's just a picture, since a poster with data summarizing all techs, buildings, units, etc. would have been more useful. Instead, this info is listed in tables inside the manual.

Comment

Working...
              X