BHG: Script Editor + Tiger Tank = Headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHG: Script Editor + Tiger Tank = Headache

I was messing around with the script editor for my scenarios and I've come across something, I don't know whether it is an anomoly, a bug, a game mechanic, or simply annoying. My vote is on the latter

Well creating a tiger tank AS THE GERMANS using the create_unit function is very easy.

I simply say create_unit(int,int,"tiger tank",int) or create_unit(int,int,"tank",int) -- both variations will pop out a tiger tank for the Germans... that's fine since the Germans don't have any other modern age tank.

Now if I try to create a unique "tiger tank" for any other civilization, it will get changed into that civ's modern tank style (in my experience if I create a tiger tank for the romans it becomes a panzer 4 ... I haven't tested this thoroughly but I suspect other civs will have the same problem).

I tried figuring out if it was simply a special unit thing. No. I can create a leopard tank (in the modern age) for the romans without it turning into a main battle tank (which is the default for the romans in the info age).

Not sure what happens if I advance it to the information age...

Can somebody explain what the deal here is?

Edit: oops. Forgot to mention that I also changed the name of the Tiger Tank in the scenario editor to something else in a vain attempt to build a tiger tank after all of the above.
    Last edited by DarthVeda; May 27, 2003, 18:12.

Another update: I changed the tech pre-req of the Tiger Tank to the information age and it still turns into a damned panzer 4...
    Last edited by DarthVeda; May 27, 2003, 19:44.

Comment

Working...
    X