Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termination to desktop and total reboot problems

Hi,

I am able to play for about 20-30 minutes at a time and then I get either booted out to the desktop or the system completely crashes as if I've pulled the plug and put it back in.
    Here are the specs:

Pentium 4 2.4G
    512MB Crucial PC2700
    Albatron MB
    GeForce 4 Ti 4200 Abit Siluro

No other game I have does this including:
    Freelancer
    Neverwinter Nights
    Morrowind
    Dungeon Siege

I've tried the following:
    Installed latest GeForce Detonator driver
    Installed DirectX 9.0a
    Patched game in Multiplayer

So far, no joy. I may look for some motherboard drivers but I've got a feeling this is related to some kind of copy protection scheme. I have the retail game but I may look for a NoCD just to see if that fixes the problem. Then I'll know that it is the protection method. I know this these symptoms were encounters by some dealing with the copy protection in Neverwinter Nights. Eventually, Bioware removed the check in the software and that fixed the problem.
    The ironic thing is that the pirates still get their games via the various patches the show up within a day or so of game releases, and many legit owners are driven to seek out fixes so they can play the game they just bought.

grimzap

I have same problems

AMD Athlon 2000+
    512 mb ram
    geforce 4 ti 4400
    drx 9.0a

And the game crashes/locksup on me every 5-20 min also.

WTF is going on here--over 100 people have same problem and no help for us :\

Kronos

Comment

I have the same problem: Athlon 2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, 512 MB Ram, SB Live!

Very frustrating to play for so long and then get booted, losing all progress

Comment

Working...
      X