Battle of Midway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Midway

UPDATED (5/26/03): i was able to change the name of the nations (thx to Prof) and it should now say Americans vs Japanese in the scenario. I originally had british troops as US, then changed the nation name of Nubians to Americans in my tribes folder (i doubt that you will have to do this but i may keep it for all games i play so i can have americans, who needs Nubians, right?). i've attached the updated version.

In honor of our soldiers on Memorial Day (who would be better commanded by a Democrat), I present to you the Battle of Midway.

Scenario starts as human playing the Japanese encountering the US Forces off and on Midway Island. Feel free to open through scenario editor to change number of units, difficulty level (default Tougher), switch to US side, make both sides human for Multiplayer (which both players must have map/game downloaded),etc.

I switched the names of Battleship and Dreadnaught so their firepower is reversed. There’s only 1 Dreadnaught for Japanese side anyway so it’s not a major part of the game.

Number of ships and carriers are historically accurate except transporters and oilers. Number of planes are not accurate but the ratio to opponent is.
    Ground units are fairy equal. It’s pretty much US airpower vs Japan’s fleet. Make sure to use those airbases at Midway if you decide to play for the US!

Create Battle of Midway folder in scenario folder of Rise of Nations folder and unzip in there. Load as solo game-load scenario.

Objective for both Japan and US is complete destruction of enemy.

Critiques welcome.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jerry_Garcia; May 26, 2003, 17:14.
    sdaf

If you want to change the name of the British to the Americans just look @ tutorial 6 where they change some civ to the Polish.

Comment

unfortunately you can't play it multiplayer even if you set both players to human - theres no way to select the scenario in a multiplayer game. You can only choose generated maps.

Comment

How did you rename the battleship/dreadnought?

Also it was a little easy... the AI didn't use its carriers at all

Comment

renaming the units is easy...

if u mod the unit_rules.xml file is one way...i am sure there is an easier way in the scenario editor (which i havent really tried)
          Are you down with ODV?

Comment

you can rename units in the scenario editor. when choosing and placing units, there's an edit button which allows you to change name of unit, attck/def points,move points,etc.

i still haven't changed nation names cause that gets involved in script writting,etc. but if anybody can modify or update to include nation names,make game different,add more units,etc, please do so!

the AI is a little easy depending on level and side. what level did you have it set at darth? what side were u playing on? the default is set at one below the hardest level. i did notice when i played that AI aircraft didn't deploy planes until i attacked them.
            sdaf

Comment

Originally posted by One_Dead_Villy
              renaming the units is easy...

if u mod the unit_rules.xml file is one way...i am sure there is an easier way in the scenario editor (which i havent really tried)
              That is the second time you've suggested that to me. Please stop, I already know that route.

Comment

UPDATED-bump n/t

nt
                sdaf

Comment

Working...
                X