Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any New Random Map Styles?

Hey Gang,

Are any of you developing new map styles for the game? Something I'd like to see is a more random random map. What I mean by this, primarily, is a random map that ISN'T overly balanced. In a random distribution it might just be that more rare resources appear in the upper left hand area, or that one area has a lot more trees than others. I guess I'm thinking of something like the world maps in the Civilization series that seem to emphasize a realistic terrain distribution over having a perfectly balanced one.

Thanks in advance!

I've tried to figure out the map styles files, but they are not easy to understand. They do not each contain all the information- it's as if there are built in things you change by adding details, and if you don't add details there is a default that I cannot figure out.

I'm not sure how to explain it. I've modified the British Isles one a bit to open up the seas a bit and reduce the fish resources, but I cannot figure out how on earth to guarentee [int(# or players/2)+1] continents the way *I* would want it to be- there is no continent setting per se, etc...

Frustrating.

Comment

Working...
    X