Map Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Editor

For a game as awesoome as this, it has an aweful map editor. I hope BHG fixes it. The terrain editing features of it are not good at all. You cannot have more than 1 type of terrain and if you go in an edit the land on the "edit land" feature, it changes your shorelines. Why does it not let you edit the terrain without having to go into the abstract map? I imported a map of europe I modified to work in it and it looked ok when I started. However, you have to go into the abstract terrain editor to get mountains and rivers and after going to it, it modifies the shorelines. It reduces the detail that was originally set in them. I really hope they can patch some of these things...

Exactly, the trick is, you have to do the whole map in one go, then apply the changes. Each time you edit the map and apply changes, it will smooth out the land - ruining it; I've got no idea why it does this.
    be free

Comment

purhaps they should issue a patch to turn off this smoothing thing...i suspect its used to make the land less artificial looking, but from the sound of it, it is too agressive
      Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
      X