Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increasing Population..or YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing Population..or YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

For real..

I increased my POP to 600 (with up to 650 IIRC with wonders)..ok..

I got up to 340...when my "Peace Timer" ran out

HELLO!!

It was like 1 sec I saw the clock turning yellow..as it ran out..got my warning I was at war

B L U R R R

I had all I could handle and then some

It is awesome..

AS for folks wanting 1000 troops

A major problem with thatb many units is a simple matter of economics/supply

Your resources get chewed up quickly....VERY QUICKLY

I feel like combatting the ai is kinda like running down the Interstate in an 18 wheeler..and jumping out in traffic

You really are behind the curve

I know I know

WE have "experts" here
    but not everyone could handle the rigors of managing 1000 troops

I am up to learning..BUT...it will take a lot

I have a 1.6 Anthlon with 512 RAM Radeoon 63 Bit Graphics...

It does slow up a smidgen
    BUt not so much it detracts from the game

I think 400 POP will be a plenty

Unless resources are altered

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Hi again Grandpa Troll, sounds like your having fun!

As with my settings in those files I provided in the other thread. Consider this:

Pop limits raised yes, however as well raising the Commerce limits in tandom. Choose the Big Huge Med. Map, sea in center. At now map size 160 instead 100.
    Choose resources at X20 amped. All seven AI, set highest difficulity, in the 'Surivival of the Fittest mode!

With Age advancement slowed x10 and costs raised for same, every Civilization is confronted with a two front war right off the bat. Balance is good, build thy economy like hell, extend those borders with forts, no matter the expense, claim every resource, build up a navy fast and claim dominance of the sea. Fish everywhere. And large battles are the norm in Ages I, II and on. With invasions a plenty back and forth. Dispite everyone fielding large armies early on and regularly, most are strengthening, while some cities are now falling. Fortunately my two neighbors are weakening and I will invade both again soon at the same time. Over 1500 pop worldwide in only the midst of the Classical Age (Every Civ is in the Classical). Every unit is used and therefor useful before becoming obsolete.

I am not an expert, however I use the 'Pause' every 5 or 10 seconds on the ticker and an Open Map mode.
    And my overall rating bounces between 1st and third.

This is a great game, especially when properly tweaked. However, the same was true of CIV 11 Gold, excepting that AI was limited

All Good Fortune, [HE was/is an Egyptian God]

Antrine
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
    X