• Show
Clear All

• European Map Complete

I've completed a European Map.

=========
    7 Civilizations
    Bug Huge
    =========

You will have to set the game settings yourself, currently ALL civs are set to computer.

Once in game, go to TOOLS, then to the Scenario editor, load up the Europe scenario, and everything you need is in the Scenario and Nations button (I think thats what they're called, lol)

I tried the game out, set had the computer play it all, everyone was doing very well, except for the Egyptians and British. So I had to give them both an edge, because of their land restrictions. (especially the british).

It all went well, the French controlled France, Germans had Germany, etc, and there were constant battles. I think in the end the Russians were going to win, and I think that was because they have a lot of land and wood, so I had to make it harder for them slightly, I just added more stone terrain to their land to restrict them a bit.

All in all it looked great and worked very well for me.

Oh and let me know if any mistakes you can spot.

====
    About the file: I'm not sure how scenario files work yet, so just unzip both these files into your scenario dir, and hopefully that works
    Attached Files
    be free

The file is 330KB

I also wanted to say that the Romans managed to build 5 cities in the land of Italy, so it's not cramped at all.

I edited the pic below so that you can't see others starting and resource locations, but now I am thinking that was pointless since you have to load the file up in the editor anyway, oh well lol
    Attached Files
    be free

Comment

i got bored and started messing with it and the scenario maker.

you may see a cheezy ww2 scenario eventually
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yeah, and someone should fix it up, I don't know Europe's land very well
        be free

Comment

hope you dont mind, ive started work on a ww2 scenario based on the map, full credit for the map will go to of course

Comment

it seems nice, Sn00py, I'll certainly try it when I get the retail version...
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It really hits home how damned small even the big huge landmass is for scenario purposes...

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVeda
                It really hits home how damned small even the big huge landmass is for scenario purposes...
                well yea.

this is why we'd have to do a campaign, like CtW, of ww2, with choice battles / territirories.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I have a good guess it will take a map 12X the size of Big Huge, in order to do a Earth Map, at the scale of that European one above
                  be free

Comment

LOL I set the Huge map to 1200 in size in rules.xml

crashed my computer

I'm running a 1.6ghz, 256ram

I'm going to try 600 now
                    be free

Comment

Add more RAM!!

Comment

Yup, I will need more ram.

100 is the size of Big Huge; the maps must be squared, so you can't edit the height and width seperatly.

600 is 6 times the size of Big Huge, and although it didn't crash my computer this time, it did stop responding after about 5 minutes.

So I tried it on 200, works beautifully, So we can make maps twice the size of Big Huge without a problem.

I had a good look at the map, and it really was quite big, I think I could fit quarter the size of the Earth on that map, which means I'd need a map size of 800 to get a good looking Earth.

Looks like I'll need at least 1ghz ram for that lol

Well, it doesn't rule out a map of earth, you could just have 1 city on Italy and 1 city on England like in the old days of Civ1?
                        be free

Comment

Well thats the end of it for me, I can't do a map size of 300, it's too much.
                          be free

Comment

Even though the map size can be made larger, within the editor you are limited by a boundry within the map of which you can't edit. So, Big Huge, is the only sized map we'll be able to make any scenario's on.

Hopefully, RoN2, will have multiple terrains and maps 800X the size of RoN's Big Huge size.

By the time RoN2 would come out (if there is one), computers should be powerful enough for it. But the market audience would be quite low, probably too low for BHG to extend RoN2 to such a level. But then again, who knows.
                            be free

Comment

Is there a good looking Med map (for ancient times) out there?
                              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
                              X