Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machine Gunners finally doing their job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Gunners finally doing their job!

For a long time I have loved machine gunners but they always seem to be short changed in modern RTS games. The most noteable example being in Empire Earth. The only reason I built them was becuase I felt bad for them they don't fullfill their real life purpose (to mow down massive amounts of infantry). However in RON they meet my every request nothing makes me happier then to see my friends charge of infantry get wiped out by some deployed entrenched machine gunners. However there is one thing I dont like about them, in the information age they upgrade to guys with miniguns. I think this is really stupid they should upgrade toSAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) gunners and for the Russian they should get PKM gunners. Anyone else feel the "Advanced Machine gunner" is stupid?

some of the nominclature is lacking, but they're just names.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Actually, I'd sooner be able to tell information age gunners from modern age gunners than to have complete accuracy on the models. Truth to be told, I'm often to busy with the battle to notice the make of the soldiers weapons.

Comment

I've not found machine gunners to be too much use when on the offensive, since they're too slow to keep up with the other infantry much less the tanks. Plus tanks mow through infantry themselves, so I haven't felt a need for mg's. I imagine they would be good in defensive positions where they don't have to move. Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately), I've yet to be in a defensive position that late in a game.
        Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Originally posted by albiedamned Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately), I've yet to be in a defensive position that late in a game.
          you playing online?
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

It helps to set the "autodeploy when units stop" option to off when using these units, if you can handle the extra micromanagement. I deploy MGs in areas tentatively under my control, to prevent the enemy from easily retaking the land via counterattack
            ----
            "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

you playing online?
              Not yet! I'm crushing the AI consistently on tough now, but I still play on Slow. I have at least moved up from Very Slow, and I don't pause as much. But I need to get to Normal speed without pausing before I'm ready mp. Or do I?
              Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Definately. No pausing in MP, and just about every game at Normal speed. I played until i could confidently beat the AI before going online, its the best way to do it.

Trust me a Tough PC has nothing on ur average german 13 yr old

Comment

How do you know I'm not a german 13 year old?

Comment

the MG's in RoN gets a bonus vs MOVING infantry. So they are used best in a defensive position. they are also countered by tanks as it should be.
                    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
                    X