A bit of eye candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of eye candy

Anyone else notice something special about the lighting on the globe in the RoN main menu screen?

Nice touch
    _/\ C
    Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

I just stared at it for a minute and I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe I just don't see it.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Ok, now I think I might see a human figure, but I also may be imagining things. The head is on the top right with the body extending down to the left.
      Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Nope, look again, and don't just stare at it, you have to do something...
        _/\ C
        Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

The mouse acts as a light source, and the light given off reflects off the globe. I noticed this the other night and thought it was cool.
          ----
          "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

oh that's cool! It follows the mouse
            "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
            - UberKruX

Comment

uh? It doesn't do it on mine...

Comment

What about my human figure?! I think I see Elvis!

Comment

Mine doesn't do what you describe, by the way. It must be a feature that my graphics card doesn't support. The game runs fine for me however - I have no performance or crash problems whatsoever.

Comment

There are THREE different main screen elements you can have: Mine is animated in-game battles in monochromatic. if I tone down the CPU grade in rise2.ini I get a static screen. So WHICH globe do you mean?

Comment

There's a "Rise of Nations" globe on the right hand side, I think. That's where it happens
                      ----
                      "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X