Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

excellent game, but aging should be harder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excellent game, but aging should be harder.

I created this account here for 3 reasons. First is to say how great of a game this is. I bought it today and played for 5 hours straight. I can't remember when the last game that did that to me was, it was probally years ago. Very wonderful game

The second is hoping that people from BHG reads this and considers making it A LOT harder to go to the next age. I've played a few games alredy and there were times where i would go to one age then right away go to the next. It would be more fun to be forced to stay in an age for awhile. What about havning to have all 4 techs researched to get to that age? and/or MUCH more resources needed? also some sort of prevention to go to the next age right away. It seems to me that its almost pointless building units early in the game since its dosen't take long to get to the tanks/infantry/etc. I'd love to have everyone using archers, hormen, and what ever other units i missed because i'm aging so fast for awhile.

Finally, its quite obvious this game will have an expansion. Its a practice that almost every company does these days (and I don't like it). Please don't make it a worthless expansion that just adds "more units, more maps, more civs". Blizzard is one of the only companys on my list that I don't mind buying expansions from, they put a lot of love and care in to it. Do the same with your games BHG, don't turn into EA and such.

Thank you for the great game.

try changing the tech speed to slow, or normal (expensive)...
    ----
    Humanity and it's environment are our future, not gods.

Comment

upped the costs in the XML files by a LOT- it makes the game MUCH more fun, but you can get ahead f weaker nations more easily that way and be fighting wimpy medieval people with your flamethrowers... though that's fun too.

Comment

The in game options of "very slow and very expensive" research already do wonders IMHO. I like the "normal and slow" myself, but the others are good for a change of pace
        "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
        - UberKruX

Comment

I've been playing with the tech set to "Normal, Slow" and I'm having great fun! Being a big Civ fan who likes spending a bit more time playing, this simple setting change has made a HUGE difference to my enjoyment!

PS: Lots of people seem to think it's necessary to edit the XML files to slow down tech research speed - it's worth pointing out again that you can do it from the in-game settings.

Comment

If your not fighting with Cavalry and Archers you will die very quickly in a real Multiplayer game, or against a Moderate PC or higher. The whole joy of the game is in the 5 minute upgrading cycles.

Comment

Not for everyone flayer, not for everyone.

Comment

Well then change it to "slow and expensive". Its quite simple.

Comment

Working...
                X