I just don't get spies/commandos visibility rules:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't get spies/commandos visibility rules:

My spies/commandos become visible whenever they fart.

The AI spies don't become visible even walking past my forts and such. My commandos seem to be able to spot them, but it's tought o tell what exactly is going on.

What EXACTLY are the rules on this.... I want my spies undercover longer.

Also, while I'm at it: How DO I tell which buildings of mine are infilitrated. I get the messege then can't figure out how to find the exact building.

I believe the units in the scout/explorer/commando/special forces line are visible when moving but invisible the rest of the time. Spies should always be invisible, but can be spotted by members of the scout line or helicopters or lookout towers. Forts do not spot spies as far as I know.

What I'm unclear on is whether spies can spot other spies, since in unitrules.xml spies are not marked with the "detect" ability. The following paragraph is from a thread I posted on the strategy board a while back after examining unitrules.xml:

All Submarines and Spies are cloaked all the time, while the Explorer/Commando/Special Forces line as well as Partisans (final upgrade for Militia) are cloaked while not moving. The whole Explorer/Commando/Special Forces line can detect cloaked units, as well as Helicopters, the whole Light Ship/Destroyer/Cruiser line, and Submarines. Spies curiously do not have the detect ability.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Yeah my spies don't uncover theirs.

Comment

Working...
      X