Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbecue anyone?

I just had a great game...a Nuke fest!!

It was by accident..but I took out his super collider and space program and after all, HE (Germans) started it, and I expect we launched 50 + nukes between the two of us..I do love the graphics and also watching the tanks,troops and aircraft falling down!!

It is awesome!!

I did however learn just how important oil is!! (1800 per Nuke..IIRC)

Tis game is just simply great!!

Intensity...I am a slow learner..but the ai is a tough teacher...

Way to go BHG!!

Ya'll gotta try a NUke Fest....its kewl..and the ai dont lye down and die..but rather come hard and fats...nuke ya...tank ya...foot soldier ya...air attack...you name it they come..

Its nice though..find forward airbases..and melt em down!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

50 nukes and you didn't hit Armageddon?!
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Originally posted by albiedamned
      50 nukes and you didn't hit Armageddon?!
      I saw an Icon that said Armageddon on top right with a number..but didnt pay much attention..had a little pressing matter...

SAVING MY AR$E

I know I launched 4 silos as fast as I could build them, one after another....

It was amazing...

I am sure it was near 50....... ..unless my old age allows me to "mis-count"???

No..I think it was near 50...

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

it is impossible to launch 50 nukes in a game. armageddon only takes 20 nukes on even large team games.

Comment

Sorry, but in a full, huge-map game, I've had the counter on 26 by default. 28 if you count the Missile Defense Shield supertech. But as far as I know, that's as high as you can go.

Comment

Originally posted by ASSSSCAT
            Sorry, but in a full, huge-map game, I've had the counter on 26 by default. 28 if you count the Missile Defense Shield supertech. But as far as I know, that's as high as you can go.
            Man..my Nose hurts..It grew really Big..

Actually, I got caught up in the moment..felt like 50..but alas..it was 28..

I launched all 28 myself...in a game this evening..just to check it out..

Then..no more...

I wish it had a more dramatic ending..though..like the whole map becoming a crater lake..or maybe a fade to a World....dissintgrating??

But yes..I was wrong..

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Hi,

Yeah, nukes are cool. BTW, don't try to save an ally's bacon with one.

I was playing a quick game- Moderate, One ally for me and 2 hostile AIs. Got to the nuke age first and started building. One AI had been at war with my ally since dirt, but my buds were mostly able to beat them off, only losing a city. Once, I sent them some air cover to break up the attack.

So, as I was saying, the AI is beating on my bud, while I had two armies chewing on the nearest other AI. I was completely immeshed in that fight and didn't have anything I could spare for my ally ... except nukes.

The AI had a massive army driving on the last city before my ally's capital. My ally had a few troops holding the line, but it was clear he was going to be beaten back. I picked the spot I thought would mark the enemy's frontline and fired ...

BOOOOOOM! Lots and lots of units died. Probably close to 100. Unfortunately, about 20 or so were my ally's. He did NOT take this well and declaired war on me. Ungrateful git. After I save his city, this is the thanks I get?

So, I took everything I had and threw it at the last AI player (having finished the guy I was involved with in the meanwhile) and then killed off my ally last. Great game. Armageddon counter ended at 2.

We had to destroy the village to save it,
              V'ger gone
              Write, edit, I've got the pen,
              V'ger gone

Comment

Yeah, I think armagedon should be different, instead of just a screen.
                My idea:

Landscape changes to look more "post-apocolyptic", resources income drop to 1/10, era level of all remaining and built units randomized

my idea is dumb, sorry

Comment

Thats actually a pretty cool idea. All the tiles are replaced with Fallout style ones, and the maximum tech, and therefore resource collection too, would be set a lot lower, Industrial or even lower. That would be really cool, and still allow a proper "finish" to the game.

Comment

heh, i just finished an awesome 3vs3 game. Enemy Main Battle Tanks had just reached my capital, both my allies had quite some time ago, an enemy Wonder Victory timer was at under 20 seconds....

I was a desperate leader with my only remaining military infrastructure a few Silos on some remote islands. The clouds darkened when i sent the last order.

The final nuke smashed into the enemy capital, and the game ended in Armageddon. More satisfying than any win ive ever had.

Armageddon is definately awesome

Comment

Unless you're the one about to win and the other guy ruins it for you!
                      Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

What *is* Armaggedon (in the game )?

Comment

Assuming your question is serious (I think it is), the game starts an Armageddon counter when someone launches the first nuke. Each additional nuke brings the counter down by one. When the counter reaches zero, everyone loses.

Comment

I guess it would be a good spoil sport tactic if you're about to die anyways
                            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                              I guess it would be a good spoil sport tactic if you're about to die anyways
                              Frightening words, when put into real life context...

I just got RoN yesterday, and I haven't gotten to experience nuclear destruction yet. Nonetheless, I must say that if I'm impressed with the bombardment graphics from the Gunpowder Age, which I am, then I'm sure that the nuclear explosions are only that much better to behold.

Comment

Working...
                              X