Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help.

Hi, i installed game, and it plays just fine. About 30 min to 1 hr into the game it has sound loops and them locks up with a buzz sound coming from my speakers. I get no error messages just a lock up and buzz sound.

I have AMD Athlon 2000+
    Windows XP
    half gig ddr mem (2x256)
    geforce 4 ti 4400 card
    60 gig hd
    SoundBlaster 5.1 live card
    400 watt ps
    3 fans for cooling
    I use drx 8.1a i wont use drx9 as it causes problems with other programs i use.

Any help would be grateful.
    Kronos

try turning off sound and turning down the graphics.
    sdaf

Comment

I removed my sound card and it actually played great. No crashes, sound loops, etc..................

But that sound card is meant for gamers and for playing games and is not to out dated. I installed new drivers and it was worse. Instead of playing 20-30 min it crasheda fter 7 min. I tested 3 games each around 7-8 minutes. I removed the sound card-played one for 58 min and won that game--did great. Then i tried playing 4 man ( 1 human vs 3 comp) i put it on fast, set up my city a little bit. Left to town came back and it was still running. Even though i did not have much of a city left

So why cant a soundblaster live 5.1 gamer work with RON???????

Comment

I am using my onboard sound now. I will test that and see if it works tonight.

Comment

well i used just onboard audio, and it crashed again after 23 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X