Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to limit UNITS as an option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to limit UNITS as an option?

I'd really like to play on a naval map, BUT limit total ships to about 10 on each side, or 3 of each type. Can't find unit limits as an option in the game...

You can limit population total, but thats about it...
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Comment

Rats!

I've been looking through all the XML files too to change this. -sigh- I just want no one to really own the seas unless they go hogwild and constantly spend to replace ships. The naval combat in this game leaves something to be desired. As it is, the AI jsut floods the oceans with ships and it sorta gets ugly (both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay strategy needed to take over the oceans or even get to transport people).

Comment

Just to share: I figured out how to do this and the AI seems to handle it quite well: I increased military ship costs 5x and how many POP they take up by 4x, so building a BB costs 8 people: in other words you don't build a lot. It makes the navy part of warfare seem so much better to me.

Fewer ships to clutter up the mini "seas" and your ships matter that much more- but still land battle is what decides the game: go crazy with navy and you waste too many resources. meanwhile fishing vessels can still be abundant.

I guess this thread'll be moved to MODS now, huh?

Comment

Working...
        X