Installation problem with retail version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation problem with retail version

I put the CD in the drive, it auto-starts and then I get the following error message:

"Set-up was unable to find (or could not read) the language specific setup resource dll, unable to continue. Please reboot and try again".

I reboot and try again, and get the same message. I go to My Computer and try clicking on the drive icon and still get the same message.

I've never encountered this kind of error before and have no idea what to do. I tried using Microsoft online support, but that is practically useless, and I'll be damned if I pay long distance phone charges to call their support line.

I'm using an Intel P4 2.4 GHz, 512 ram, more than enough hard drive space, 9700 Radeon Pro graphics card.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    No comment.

Nevermind

I finally got it to install. I decided to download the trial version to see if it would install, which it did. After I played a short quick battle on the trial version I tried installing the retail version again. This time it installed just fine and seems to be working. That was weird.
    No comment.

Comment

Working...
    X