A whole slew of gamespy - RoN problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole slew of gamespy - RoN problems

Yeah it's downright near impossible to connect using gamespy. It seems that games made in RoN cannot be joined by the native RoN client in gamespy and vice-versa.

Anybody else have better luck?

I actually haven't tried yet. But a friend of mine is getting the game today, so I will have a chance to see later.

Comment

Yeah I'm 99% certain the GS launcher and the RoN launcher won't connect together when you try to get in the game.

Comment

If you are running Zonealarm, RON will hard lock your machine if you try to connect to Gamespy, or at least it does for me under XP.

I suspect this is because ZA is trying to popup the dialogue box that tells you something is trying to connect to the internet, and do you want to allow it, etc. and RON is refusing to give away focus to ZA.

olaf

Comment

No I'm talking about how Game Spy Arcade and the in-game Gamespy feature will not cross connect.

IE somebody hosting from GSA and somebody connecting from RoN cannot connect and vice versa. All players have to be using either GSA or RoN but not both.

Comment

I am a Gamespy subscriber, and use my GS nickname in RON. I notice that there is an exclusiveness that doesn't exist in other Gamespy powered MP games. If I have GS Arcade on and fire up the RON MP thru GS it will close the connection on the Gamespy Arcade. If I have RON MP running in GS mode, and I fire up GS Arcade it will exit RON. I find this unusual as in Civ3:PTW, MP powered by GS, I regularly play Civ3:PTW and have GS Arcade up.

Olaf: can you Ctrl+Atl+Del to get the Task manager up and switch to the ZA pop-up? Or, is it a total power down to exit lock up?
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
            X