Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peaceful AI

Yes, it's true.

I just started up a game half an hour ago to check on some wonder info.
    Now what do I find when I return?
    The game is 31 minutes underway, my three farmers are still going at it, as are my woodcutters.
    The AI hasn't attacked me during all this time!
    I see an airbase next to his Pyramids at the other side of the map as well as an anti aircraft passing by

I feel something nasty is going to happen soon though

What difficulty level?
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

tough

Comment

Re: peaceful AI

Originally posted by Enriquillo
        I feel something nasty is going to happen soon though
        Just be prepared. If the AI does attack, things can get hectic real fast, especially if he brings an ally along too.

I played one game, where no one attacked until the industrial age. Then, I enter the Modern Age, and within seconds, I was attacked by two nations, lost a city, and caught in the middle of two AI's lobbing nukes at each other! OUCH!
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

maybe it was Boom AI ? 31 minutes is still a lot, maybe a bug ?? maybe..oh wait

Comment

Its probably programmed not to attack until you are at least slightly built up.

Comment

Just be prepared. If the AI does attack, things can get hectic real fast, especially if he brings an ally along too.
              What?? bring an ally, I only had what I started with, I didn't build anything nor did I scout or research anything. I just forgot to quit the game 30 minutes earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Flayer
                Its probably programmed not to attack until you are at least slightly built up.

I thought so also..I was trying a huge infrastructure buildup..and got caught with it in my zipper

The ai has attacked every game I have played as soon as the age possible..(I usually play "Peace until period X")

I mean..they come quick and fast!!

Buildup or not...

At least thats what happened to me!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I find the AI knows when you're simply not a threat and will sometimes ignore you. In one game france was left with two towns in the medieval age while the rest of us tossed nukes back and forth. In another *I* was left alone after it bcame clear I was stuck in industrial age while THEY all marched ahead (well they left me with two towns too)... Once I tried to grab anymore territory (through forts or whatever) the AI clamped down HARD on me...

It makes it a LOT more fun to know you're impotent but still alive because they have betetr things to do... until it's just you and them or you piss them off.

Comment

Was it a diplomacy game?

Comment

The kind of AI thinking is very Civ-like. If you're #1 on the graph, you get attacked.
                      Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Working...
                      X