Starting from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting from scratch

I was under the impression that you can start from nothing like in civilization or other turn base games or even empire earth and build your way up to a power house or go through the course of history. I have been playing conquer the world but it seems as if evertthing is already preset. buildings units everything. can you anyone help me out is it possible to start from nothing and build an empire. thanks.
    Jesse Evans
    The Turnbase King

CtW will present you with different starting scenarios depending on if you attacked with an army or are being attacked in an undefending territory, etc. I haven't actually started from scratch, though, in CtW. I always have at least a small army and then some villies and buildings.

I would think the Quick Battle section would allow you to build from scratch, but I haven't used that yet. Anybody?
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I always seem to start with a town, a library, some farms and workers and a scout in Quick Battle. But this is with the demo - perhaps it's an option in the gold version.

Comment

you are right. Quick Battle in the retail allow you to choose how you start. Options are with a settler, or Small town, large city. things like that. you can choose how you want the game to run. this is what I am looking for. thanks for the help.
        Jesse Evans
        The Turnbase King

Comment

You can start "nomad" in quickbattle/multiplayer, which means you start with no town, no buildings, just citizens (and maybe a few military?).
          "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
          - UberKruX

Comment

Nope, just 3 citizens scattered in a small area. Man, I love nomad!

Comment

Working...
            X