Can anyone win faster then Egypt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhg_paul
    No..."auto-citizen building" is misleading. It's just that the Chinese citizens have 0 wait time for production. The "if you have the food" refers to obviously if you aren't making citizens, you aren't using the ability.
    well, i was referring to the fact that each citizen costs more food than the last, so when you start a wonder, you set a city to rally point to the wonder and instantly pop out 20 citizens to work it, if you have enough of the food resource to build them
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Also, i doubt the egyptions will be able to build *every* wonder before you can get to the age. If you want to screw with an egyption player, build whichever wonder he *isn't* building as soon as you hit the right age. This will delay his wonder-victory. Also like said above, just raid them with some horse archers, the wonders are notorius for being built outside of TC range, simply because they are so big and probably built in a city that is already developed. 3 horse archers = wonder construction stopped and many dead villies No need to make a huge assult, just a raid or 2.
      "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
      - UberKruX

Comment

They don't need to build *every* wonder, the point is that since they can access wonders and age earlier then everyone else and they only need about 5 to win a standard game they will always have enough to choose from plus they are cheaper for Egypt so trying to beat them by building wonders before they do is going to take a lot more away from you then from them.

As for horse raiders, this is the best idea I have seen yet and I am sure it would be annoying and slow down their progress but, hey so they pop out some more citizens and get right back to work. Food is not a problem for egypt with 7 farms and a granary in each city. Also I am not suggesting that egypt can allow itself to be tottaly defenseless. I always go for the Terra Cotta wonder as soon as I can (which is before anyone else can even think about it), and that provides a good defense which I supplement from the barracks as necessary. So you raiders who "eat up" citizens have to get past my army first which I am just building up and building up.

You can't stop them you can only hope to contain them

Note: I'm not suggesting Egypt is unbeatable or anything crazy like that I just think they have the best chance of winning in the shortest amount of time and opponents will be forced to go on the offensive ASAP vs them.

Comment

Originally posted by stesergio
          They don't need to build *every* wonder, the point is that since they can access wonders and age earlier then everyone else and they only need about 5 to win a standard game they will always have enough to choose from plus they are cheaper for Egypt so trying to beat them by building wonders before they do is going to take a lot more away from you then from them.
          I don't think you understand how the wonder victory works. If wonder victory is set to 8 points, that means that in order to win a wonder victory you must have 8 wonder points ABOVE the closest enemy. So if your egyption player is going for a wonder victory and you build a 2 pont wonder, he now needs 10 total to win insted of 8.
          "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
          - UberKruX

Comment

In the "if my opponent doesn't bother to counter what I do" department, I'd say that Japan probably has the fastest win.

Comment

The early wonders aren't worth all that many points and unless you let Egypt build ALL of them they aren't goint to win all that fast. Besides, to build ALL of the wonders means no real econ spent on an army. An Egypt that goes on a mad wonder-building spree is likely to get swamped early. Vs accomplished players I use the Egyptian power to make damn sure I get the few key wonders I want - not to build a ton of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridger

I don't think you understand how the wonder victory works. If wonder victory is set to 8 points, that means that in order to win a wonder victory you must have 8 wonder points ABOVE the closest enemy. So if your egyption player is going for a wonder victory and you build a 2 pont wonder, he now needs 10 total to win insted of 8.
                You're right I did not understand that - thank you. Until now, I have only played the demo so no Multi Player and no manual.

But I just got home from the store and I am typing with one hand and opening the box with the other!!!!! Can't wait to try out the other races!!

Comment

Working...
                X