Should I buy this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy this game?

Should I buy this game, tell me if the money is worth it all you people who have the game....Is it worth it????? Is multiplayer good ?? Does many people play multiplayer?? Since the game is out...please reply, might buy this game or might not because of the MP..plz reply

Well, I don't own the game yet, I've played only the demo... if you like RTS games, then buy it.

I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about multiplayer, since that feature is disabled in the demo, and right now you wouldn't find many people playing MP, after all the game was not officially released yet.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It is already about 60 reviews on EB games website, so I think that there will be a lot of players online, because the game is gona be popular (or already is)
      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

When I installed the demo, my Gamespy Arcade recognized the demo as the actual game and added it to my games list. In the five days since I have seen anywhere from 6 to 40 players in the RON game lobbies. I can imagine what those lobbies will look like the first full weekend after release (just happens to be a three day weekend in the US, so I expect crowded game lobbies).

I just hope this game doesn't degenerate into a "who can run thru the hotkeys and click the mouse button the fastest" game. Alot of players are gonna get smoked before they know whats hitting them.
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I have two questions:
          One, should I buy this game (as I was a huge fan of AoK and all the Civ games, and had been looking forward to a more civ-like game without the restraints of turns)
          Two, should I then buy a new computer in order to RUN this game?
          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

1) YES! I'm a big civ and AoE fan, and I love RON. Be aware that it's MUCH more like AoE than it is like Civ, but it does have a certain civness that I really like!

2) Dunno. What's your system's spec?

In any case, I'd advise downloading the demo to try it out first.

Comment

I run on a P3 850 with 256MB Ram on a 32MB Radeon 7200 video card. In other words, an aging system (though I made sure to have plenty of RAM and a decent video card).

I get frame rates of 10-14 when zoomed out a bit and more like 8 when zoomed in. This is still fast enough not to be too bad (I don't zoom in much because the viewable field is so narrow anyway). Even on this system clicking on the mini-map brings me right to where I clicked with no slow-down etc.

Anyway, it seem clear they programmed the game with slightly older systems in mind. You couldn't really try to bring in TBS players otherwise, I suppose.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

If you are even remotely interested in RTS MP, then yes, buy it now.

Comment

Working...
                X