RSP Implentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP Implentation

Does anyone know how the Rock-Scissors-Paper model is actually implemented in the game? When a unit attacks a type of unit which it is strong against, does it get some sort of bonus multiplier to its attack value? Or does the strength come from the unit's inherent abilities? For example with archers vs. heavy infantry, do the archers get an attack bonus, or are archers just considered strong against heavy infantry because they can attack from far away and avoid getting hit themselves?

I've searched through the xml files in the data directory, but I can't find a bonus multiplier specified anywhere. I would think that if there is a bonus, it would be customizable in an xml file somewhere since so much else is customizable. Maybe I just missed it.
    Last edited by albiedamned; May 19, 2003, 00:39.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

the archers get an attack bonus against the heavy inf, because the skirmishers have a similer range but do not do as well vs. heavy inf.
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Comment

It definitely seems that way, but I would like to know if this is documented anywhere and if it's configurable.
      Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Working...
      X