Favorite Wonder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Wonder?

I like the Terra Cotta Army for 1 free infantry every 30 seconds... it really adds up!

I also like the Eiffel Tower... with just a few oil wells and refineries you can really rock the house in the late game...

Top 5:

Terra Cotta Army
    Statue of Liberty
    Colossus
    Kremlin
    Eifel Tower
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Colossus: Increases your commerce limit for wealth and timber by +50

Temple of Tikal:It also accelerates the rate at which you gather Timber , and the Commerce Cap for Timber is elevated.

Kremlin: raises your Commerce level for Food, Timber, and Metal by +200. It also increases the number of farms per city (normally five) by two, as well as the number of workers per Woodcutter and Mine, by the same number.

Notice a pattern there? Wood is always the critical resource for me, barracks units cost a boatload of wood is why

I like many of the others as well, but these would have to be my favorites. Terra Cota is overrated IMO.

Comment

all of them!

Comment

Don't know what i should think of the terracotta army...
          You reach your population limit too fast and end up with a truckload of infantry, unable to build cavalry, aircraft or ships.

I build theTC Army only combined with the Collosus(+ 50% population cap, and even thats not enough)

Versailles is great cuz you can heal your units with the supply wagon!!!
          Who Dares Wins!

Comment

Don't know what i should think of the terracotta army...You reach your population limit too fast and end up with a truckload of infantry, unable to build cavalry, aircraft or ships.

ROFL

I can imagine some guy getting peeved off so much because of that and starts crying

hahaha
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuler
              Don't know what i should think of the terracotta army...
              You reach your population limit too fast and end up with a truckload of infantry, unable to build cavalry, aircraft or ships.

I build theTC Army only combined with the Collosus(+ 50% population cap, and even thats not enough)
              thats why you dont just let them sit there, you ninny you send groups of 5 on small missions for the hell of it. try raiding the rare resources and whatnot.

Versailles is great cuz you can heal your units with the supply wagon!!!
              or you could just be the french, if you had no shame.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

It's all about the Supercollider.

Comment

Originally posted by bhg_paul
                  It's all about the Supercollider.
                  gaw? how did you get me to let you live that long?

Comment

Versailles is the best IMO. Which is sad because the fact that healing was so poorly implemented is what makes it such. Tedium should never equate to difficulty/challenge, and yet that is exactly what was done with the way healing works.

olaf

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

gaw? how did you get me to let you live that long?
                      Let's play.

Comment

Actually I've found healing in RON to be very easy. I fight my battle and, at the end, if there are any units left I make a simple drag-select for the entire army and stuff the survivors into a city. One drag and a click. Presto.

Comment

Terra Cotta Army is my current personal; Favorite, although I have yet to really learn all the ups and downs of other Wonders!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by bhg_paul

Let's play.
                            tommorrow i get paid and i'll have the retail version, until then

Comment

Palace of Versailles is important in my Entrenched Lines of Neverending Pain strategy... a moderately small balanced army entrenched across the choke points will stave off a much, much larger force with supply wagons healing them constantly. Throw in some artillery to back up the front lines, and my strategy against the AI becomes:

1. create defensive line (above)
                              2. create small attack force
                              3. harass enemy, make them follow you back and beat their heads against your defensive line.
                              4. Move defensive line farther towards objective.
                              5. rinse, repeat.

Infantry will last almost indefinitely if entrenched, if you can take out the people attacking them in a somewhat fast amount of time. The only negative side to my strategy (that I've found in my limited experience) is the micromanagement, and getting troops to stand still long enough to entrench.

Terra Cotta Army works great for me in the midgame, I can send out fairly decent sized infantry armies to harass the enemy while I focus on the strategy outlined above. The free units can also be used to reinforce the lines (also in above strategy) in a pinch.

Incidentally, heres a suggestion:
                              Supply wagons should always heal friendly units in friendly borders. the Palace of Versailles would allow healing only within enemy borders. Just my 2cents
                              ----
                              Humanity and it's environment are our future, not gods.

Comment

Working...
                              X