Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To BHG: Nuclear Embargo ?

Hi,

I want to know why the embargo is in effect for everyone, while it should penalize the "offending" player/team only. If I don't have nukes and the other guy does, he may be tempted to launch a nuke if only to bar me from using the much needed market => rich staying and getting richer while poor etc..

Also I find nuclear embargo on everyone once a nuke strikes a bit silly, whose putting *every* nation in the world under embargo ?? The Caretakers ?

I too find it puzzling that everybody would be punished for one idiot launching a nuke...

Comment

in particular since the embargo seems to stack.

Comment

You sure that's the case? I havn't seen it myself, but that doesn't seem right to me.
        "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
        - UberKruX

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the way it is. Although my experience was in an allied game. It may be that if an ally launches a nuke you pay the price but I don't think so.

Comment

Embargo only effects yourself and your teammates.

Comment

Well I'd say that explains it...

Comment

Thanks Paul for the answer.

My bad then, tho I coulda swear I was under nuclear embargo even tho I didnt drop a single nuke, that was in beta as I still didnt play up to info age yet (exploring middle ages and below =) in the full version.

Comment

Yea, I recently played a team game with a computer ally. The damn computer kept launching nukes and I had to suffer the nuclear embargo since we were teammates. Right when I was trying to put together the resources for an end game tech! I'm not even sure that allies should have to suffer the embargo since I have no control over what my teamates do but I guess it is somewhat understandable.

In any case I think there should actually be tougher penalties for those who choose to use nukes, more of a deterant is needed to make it more realistic I think.

Comment

nah nukes are not that powerful, being barred from the market for some minutes and wasting ressources on a useless nuke is a quite big penality in itself. gimme a division of tigers anytime over a nuke.

Comment

Working...
                    X