Why I still would like to see American nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I still would like to see American nation

This is my only complaint about RoN so far. I mean it is an excellent game period. The thing is I would like to have seen America included. This is how it always was in civilization series and other games such as EE. One reason is because it will allow many historial and modern scenarios to be designed. For example, if I want to design a WW2 scenario, I want USA to be a country in it. Or if I want to create a modern day gulf war scenario, I want USA to be in it as well. So for scenario design I feel it is important to have them. Alot of the units look like USA military anyway, such as missile cruiser (Ticonderoga class) or stealth bomber (B-2 Spirit). I think BHG should seriously consider adding USA maybe in an expansion at least. Maybe the USA was not around way back in that time but this game covers all the way to information age. Anyway, like I said, no matter what RoN is still an excellent game thats fact.
    -PrinceBimz-

I think the game may be sufficiently moddable to allow you to add your own nations for scenarios.

I fully expect to see some really excellent WWII mods that make full use of the nice-looking scripting language that comes with the game.

Comment

^^what he said^^

Plus, how exactly would america work? They pop into the game around enlightenment age? The american player waits around for 4 ages before he gets to play?

Your reasoning (scenario purposes) is one of the best i've seen so far, but I still don't see how they could be implemented.
      "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
      - UberKruX

Comment

all through the unit xml files are "american this" "american that"

are they talking about indians or americans? I dunno, I haven't really played the game in depth yet
        be free

Comment

The American files refer to the native americans, as far as I can see
          ----
          "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bridger
            ^^what he said^^

Plus, how exactly would america work? They pop into the game around enlightenment age? The american player waits around for 4 ages before he gets to play?

Your reasoning (scenario purposes) is one of the best i've seen so far, but I still don't see how they could be implemented.
            They can be implemented just like every other nation is. Why have them wait until enlightenment? Just because realistically they were not around at the earlier times? It is a game and I am sure many would love the welcoming addition of America. Think about the civilization series, America is right there way back in the BC times. No one ever complained about them being in the game thats for sure. America is there in EE way back in prehistoric ages. I never once heard anyone say "Why is America in CIV series when they were not around back in the early time periods.?" So what if they were not around back then, they are now and RoN covers the modern eras too.
            -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Originally posted by GodSpawn
              I fully expect to see some really excellent WWII mods that make full use of the nice-looking scripting language that comes with the game.
              Yes sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Bridger
                ^^what he said^^

Germany doesn't pop in at the late industrial age, why would the US? It would be a historical fudge - just like US in Civ.
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceBimz
                  I never once heard anyone say "Why is America in CIV series when they were not around back in the early time periods.?"
                  Clearly you don't read the Civ forums!
                  Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

Germany doesn't pop in at the late industrial age, why would the US? It would be a historical fudge - just like US in Civ.
                    aye? why would germany pop up then? infact why would the US

just reread that missed the very important doesn't
                    Last edited by Lo Rez; May 19, 2003, 09:32.

Comment

The entire continent of North America, as well as Germany, both rose from the sea during a catacylsmic volcano and earthquake near the start of the Enlightenment Era. Don't believe what they teach you in school about Columbus, or about Germanic barbarians sacking Rome. Didn't happen.
                      Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Columbus didn't discover America anyway, it was the Vikings who did that I believe

Comment

niceone albie

i supose that with america u could start out with the indians and move onto columbas and co when they pop up

from teepees 2 muskets would b quite a shift

anyhow in the expantion i would say

Comment

Yeah, I liked that game. Colonization was awesome. I wish they would make a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lo Rez

aye? why would germany pop up then? infact why would the US

just reread that missed the very important doesn't
                              Germany, as a nation, is actually younger than the US. This process occurs in the late industrial age with Bismarck (real history - not the game).

albiedamned, had you asked those ransackers who they were, they would not have said 'Germans' they would have called themselves Vandals, Visigoths, Ostrogoths, etc. What's the old Bertrand Russell joke? The Holy Roman Empire was neither 'holy' nor 'Roman' nor an 'Empire'.
                              As for North American rising out of the sea during the age of enlightenment, I assume we are talking about adding the US to RoN, wise-guy. I know, I know, USers sometimes forget that 'American' refers to 2 continents worth of stuff ...
                              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                              X