RoN DEMO MAYBE SPYWARE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoN DEMO MAYBE SPYWARE!

I recently tried to download the RoN demo from the Microsoft website. 25MB into the download ZoneAlarm jammed my internet access because it had detected a program trying to disable security and broadcast my details to several web addresses.

I would like to know where I can get a demo of the game that does not include a Worm.

I would advise anyone else who has downloaded the demo to run a good virus scan program as quickly as possible.

huh? i've had no problems at all, and I use zonealarm too.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Yeah I was wondering where my damned Fizzer worm came from when that was the only thing I had downloaded that day!

Comment

Uhmm, it can't do anything before you download and install it, so if you get a message during a download, it's not RoN.

Besides, Fizzer is damn easy to get other ways...
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yup, what Solver said is irrefutable. Some spyware MUST have been running before you began the download.

Comment

Speaking of which, I would recommend to go to www.lavasoft.de and get Ad-Aware to get read of any and all spyware.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
              huh? i've had no problems at all, and I use zonealarm too.
              Same here...not a problem at all.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Spybot is one of the best spyware detection products on the market.

It works, it's FREE, and is highly recommended (I personally use it):

Last edited by Leonidas; May 19, 2003, 09:55.

Comment

if you want to get rid of spyware, get Spybot, as Leonidas suggested, because Ad-aware is not being updated anymore, AFAIK.

Comment

Actually, Adaware IS now being updated again. Version 6 came out recently. See http://www.lavasoft.de

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                      if you want to get rid of spyware, get Spybot, as Leonidas suggested, because Ad-aware is not being updated anymore, AFAIK.
                      the old AdAware isnt being updated but they released v6 a month or two back and that's working great. best effects are achieved by having both spybot & adaware and using them in combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel
                        best effects are achieved by having both spybot & adaware and using them in combination.
                        It's a Combined Arms Operation against that pesky spyware

Comment

I'm glad that I put that "AFAIK" up there... it shows that I'm not omniscient.

Comment

Re: RoN DEMO MAYBE SPYWARE!

Originally posted by mike9993
                            I recently tried to download the RoN demo from the Microsoft website. 25MB into the download ZoneAlarm jammed my internet access because it had detected a program trying to disable security and broadcast my details to several web addresses.

I would like to know where I can get a demo of the game that does not include a Worm.

I would advise anyone else who has downloaded the demo to run a good virus scan program as quickly as possible.

puff puff good stuff eh ?

Comment

Working...
                            X