No announcement yet.

I've been nuked !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, see when I have had more then one library I usually try to have them each working on something. In the case where I started this post I actually had two libraries each researching two different end game techs, which is why I lost one. So what you're telling me is that we should have an extra library that is not doing any research, it just serves as a backup to take over for any library that gets destroyed?

But if all libraries are researching something and one gets destroyed a tech will be lost. In that case the tech is "tied" to a particular library because the tech research initiated at the destroyed library is the one that would be lost.

So they are tied to a particular library really but if you have a backup library it can take over where the other one left off.

I think I understand now, thanks!

Comment

Actually if you have TWO libs going and TWO techs being researched when you lose a lib, one tech will simply go idle (as if you had queued it up). I'm not sure but I'd bet it's the last one you started research on. In any case, the only way to lose progress on a research tech is to lose ALL your libs (and you still get a partial refund for the unresearched part). Same goes for "enhancer" buildings.

Comment

Unit upgrades also? Have two barracks, research an upgrade at one but have it get destroyed - does the other take over? In other words, does this system apply to all research?
        Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

I had a game where I researched Global Prosperity and Missle Shield at the same time (I had 8 uni's but only 65% of the land). I finished missle shiled just as the Wonder timer started (destroyed the Taj Mahal to put me up 8 wonder points over the next civ).

Another game in a duel at tough, England nuked me thre times taking out the Pyramid and Terra Cotta Army. Luckily the Wonder Timer ran out before he could get in another strike. I had stupidly build the Kremlin right next to the Taj mahal. The AI had goten that pair it would have been Armageddon.
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

It's good to see that the AI actually uses them.

Comment

Hey Paul, I just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, I'll have to pay more careful attention to this. It seems the way you have implimented this is really well done, (now that I understand it ). Sorry if I mislead anyone.

Comment

The number of libraries you have is the number of techs you can be researching at a given time, however no specific tech is tied to any specific library. As long as your number of libraries equals or exceeds the number of techs you are researching you're cool. Note that excess libs do not improve the speed of research. They just provide additional "bandwidth".

Hey Paul, I just wanted to say thanks for all your posts, I'll have to pay more careful attention to this. It seems the way you have implimented this is really well done, (now that I understand it
                Sounds like a design error to me the way Paul explained it.
                Unless ofcourse it was intentional that you have to build multiple librarier to be on the safe side. They don't have any other effects on your cities I think, so that would be odd.
                Basically, in order to be safe you need to build an additional library or two, weird stuff.

Comment

I'm not sure why losing all your libararies causes you to cease being able to research constitutes "weird stuff". If anything the fact that techs are hardlinked to libs makes things easier on the defender than many RTS games I've played.

Comment

At least it's not like in Star Trek: Armada (Activision) where if you lose your research center you lose all your tech too! haha!

That hurts majorly....

RoN is a great game BHG! Best I think I've ever played....and I've played them all.

Comment

Working...
                    X