Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RON - when can I save in retail version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RON - when can I save in retail version?

I have been really enjoying the demo, but there is one thing I would like to know before I decide to buy. Battles can take a very long time, especially in a large map with several opponents. Playing the demo I have often left my game on pause overnight or when I have to stop for whatever reason. There is no option to save during a battle. Now, I hope this is just because it is a demo and being able to save would be a feature of the retail version.

However, I saw this quote on the official website:

"Save your campaign at any time between battles."

Now this leads me to believe that you can only save before or after a battle, during the "turn based" part of the game where you are looking at the world map.

So in the retail version will you be able to save during a battle? I would hate to think that if you have put an hour or two into building up your cities and are doing well in a battle and you have to stop for some reason the only option is to start all over and waste all the time you already spent on that battle?

Anyone know if you will be able to save during a "quick battle" or only between turns in the campaign?

Thanks!

Re: RON - when can I save in retail version?

Originally posted by stesergio
    I have been really enjoying the demo, but there is one thing I would like to know before I decide to buy. Battles can take a very long time, especially in a large map with several opponents. Playing the demo I have often left my game on pause overnight or when I have to stop for whatever reason. There is no option to save during a battle. Now, I hope this is just because it is a demo and being able to save would be a feature of the retail version.
    I don't know if you can save in the retail version or not - hopefully somebody else can answer that. But I can tell you that you are not the only one leaving your computer on all night to preserve a game! I wonder if BHG/Microsoft considered the environmental impact of not letting you save in the trial version?
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

u can save and resume in the retail version in the quick battles .

and .between turns in the conquer the world campaign...but i dont think u can save in the middle of battles within the conquer the world campaigns.
      Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Originally posted by One_Dead_Villy
        u can save and resume in the retail version in the quick battles ..between turns in the conquer the world campaign...i havent tried saving in the middle of battles for that though.
        Cool. I hope that if you can save during quick battle you should be able to save during campaign battles as well.

I hope you don't mind if I ask, how do you know this? Do you have a media full version, do you work for BHG, did you read this somewhere?

Comment

You can save at any time in the retail version. You can save during a quick battle, you can save between campaigns, you can save during battles in the campaign.

The save features are plentiful and none are missing.
          "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
          - UberKruX

Comment

one more confirmation that in the retail version you can save and resume a battle of a ctw campaign
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Markos, you have the marketing gold, too?

Hmm, well, it seems that anyway more people have gold now than you can count...
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
              X