Conquer the World Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquer the World Crashes

Everytime that I try to start a new Conquer the World campaign, I can choose my country and once it starts loading, it crashes to desktop with an Exception error. It never tells me what the error is. This is for the retail version of the game. I can play other single player games just fine, any ideas??

i am having the same problem with you. good for the solo game, but every time i try the conquer the world, it crashes to desktop. i tried the runtime installation, but no help. don't know why.

Comment

I am Having the Same Problem Windows XP 1gig memory, 2.4 Mhz, 32mb Video
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CorpusScorpius; May 19, 2003, 20:43.

Comment

What video card are you guys using?
        I just got a new one, and everything works fine now!

Pap

Comment

yeah, am having exactly the same error - except instead of "runtime error" it says "exception error".
          the system's a dell laptop p3-850, 256ram, 32mb ati mobility m4 running winXP w/sp1 and dx9.
          thanks for any help.

Comment

I get the Runtime crash.

SiS315-64

DXDiag checked out the card as OK for DX9.
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Same problem

tried starting w/ germans,brits,french and got 'exception error' on all. had to completely shut down PC to start game again. demo worked last nite. uninstalled demo when got original. original solo seemed to work also.
              sdaf

Comment

oh yeah

and if you wait during the 'exception error' pop-up, you'll get another pop-up allowing you to send error message to microsoft. it also has links to what the error report is.
                sdaf

Comment

Heck, I'm not even recieving an error message. The game runs just fine, but whenever I attampt to play Conquer the World, I get as far as the scenario loading screen. It then ends the program straight to the desktop; no error message or anything.
                  Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

I updated my video drivers & so far so good

Comment

3 stages into the Campaign & the error message returns

Comment

argh! updated vid and sound drivers and same problem! i usually don't have such problems on my system - alright, low fps, but thats due to age rather then system stability. i hate this!

ps the "send error" message ain't so great as it does that by ever error it gets from any program. looking at the details doesn't really clear up anything aswell - well my xp error decoding aint so great speaking of it : )

Comment

First off: HELLO EVERYBODY!

Secondly: I'm having a similar error. As soon as I press Conquer the World in the single player menu I go straight to desktop. No loading screens or options or anything

Comment

BHG has put CTW problems a priority on the to fix list. Note its the first item under patch #3.

Originally posted by jcoleman
                            PATCH1 (0902) IS LIVE

At last, our first patch is up in a form that should, in theory, work for all languages. Thanks to all for bearing with us. We certainly have a lot of work to do in this area.

Here's a summary of our current priorities:

PATCH2
                            Address our current inability to accurately test patches for all languages before going live. This patch will likely go up in the next few days and will be extremely limited in scope.

PATCH3
                            Address issues that are keeping some people from enjoying the game at all. The timetable is ASAP but, with all the testing involved, is likely to take 1-3 weeks. These issues include:
                            * Consistent CTW crashes on some systems. Some people seem to have solved the problem by upgrading their motherboard bios. We hope to either address the problems within the game itself or have a clear understanding of the problem so we can more effectively help people solve it.
                            * Severe MP lag for some, regardless of bandwidth or machine specs. Since we were unable to repro the problem on site, someone is graciously sending us his system which exhibits the problem. Thanks for the many offers.
                            * Inability to host behind a NAT via GameSpy even when the appropriate ports are opened.
                            * Poorly behaving MP rating system.

PATCH4
                            Hopefully, by this point, we can begin real improvements and start incorporating the many wonderful suggestions for improving online matchmaking and the overall game experience. We should have details at a later date.

Again, thanks for all the support,

J
                            Found that posted here http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...9&pagenumber=2
                            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Just wanted to put my two cents in. I can't play CTW either, same problem that everyone else is having. Hope it gets fixed real soon. I'll keep checking back!

Comment

Working...
                              X