End game techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End game techs

Does everyone feel these are balanced? To me, the missile shield is always too tempting to pass up. The one that I always get last is Global Prosperity- by that time in the game, I'm making tons of resources anyways, and the stealth units don't seem to be that great of an improvement over advanced flight units.

World Gov and AI are both pretty good, but I always go for missile shield first
    ----
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Re: End game techs

Originally posted by Mahdimael
    Does everyone feel these are balanced? To me, the missile shield is always too tempting to pass up. The one that I always get last is Global Prosperity- by that time in the game, I'm making tons of resources anyways, and the stealth units don't seem to be that great of an improvement over advanced flight units.

World Gov and AI are both pretty good, but I always go for missile shield first
    I think it depends on what your opponent has. What if those dastardly germans have the missile shield, and are gunning for a wonder victory? Missile silos are useless. You better have those stealth bombers to get through the AA and take it out. You sure aren't getting a land army there in time.

Comment

I think I'd still rather be able to instantly create units...by the end game I usually have so many resources I can buy whatever I need.

Certainly, it does depend on the game type.
      ----
      "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

missle sheild does rock, but AI is just so awesome.

if you get there first, get AI.

if they dont have a missle shield yet, you can nuke, and INSTANTLY CREATE ANOTHER.

i mean, COME ON
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Another reason to get global prosperity is to go above the pop cap.

Comment

Missile shield is a must. I make a b-line for it. Nukes can really ruin a perfectionist's day.

Comment

Nukes are powerfull, but while you're waiting for your nukes to be build I've spend my resources on an actual army that's already levelling your towns

I like extra popcap and instant units, just because I'm a trashunit fan, superior numbers baby

Comment

Trash units! yay! Reminds me of the old days of AoK with the halberdiers and (name I can't remember) spear throwers.

I always played as the turks and mixed that up a bit with Hussars... surprised a fair number of people when their spear throwers got caught by 20 hussars... heh heh heh.

Comment

vs the AI on tough, by the time he gets nukes I have so much ressources already that I dont care if my farms are wiped.

As for end techs, I prefer World Govt, insta victories !

Comment

Working...
                  X