No More Wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Wondering

Heres a simple Mod for those trial version players who are sick of wonder victories ruining an otherwise cool session.

I just changed all the 'wondervalues' to 0 so no-one can trigger the wonder victory conditions. Just place this altered 'buildingrules' .xml in your RiseOfNationsTrial/data folder (back up the original).

Simple stuff for anyone with an xml editor (thanks Downer for the link!)
    *edit. AI will not build wonders using this; use the rules.xml posted later for a better Trial Version workaround*
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tacit_Exit; May 24, 2003, 02:02.

... why don't you just disable the wonder victory in the game itself?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

'cause you can't in the trial version.

Comment

duh?

Comment

how about one that makes no land victory?

Comment

For those who still have the trial version....

Disables wonders, land victory, and armageddon.

Instructions:

Change name of the file to "rules.xml"

Place file in your Program Files\Microsoft Games\Rise of Nations Trial\data directory

All finished!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Timeline; May 24, 2003, 19:53.

Comment

One problem with wonders not giving culture points though, now the AI doesn't build ANY wonders anymore, at least in the few I played with it so far.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Culture?

And sheesh....the trial does not reflect the full game. If you want all those features (like an AI that will make wonders even when they are not necessary for victory) go buy the complete retail version.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                  Culture?
                  Indeed, culture?

And sheesh....the trial does not reflect the full game. If you want all those features (like an AI that will make wonders even when they are not necessary for victory) go buy the complete retail version.
                  Not all of us are lucky enough (in this case) to live in the US and have the luxury of being able to go to the nearest game shop and pick up a copy...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    One problem with wonders not giving culture points though, now the AI doesn't build ANY wonders anymore, at least in the few I played with it so far.
                    Yeah, I noticed that too!

Ain't it cool! (just kidding)

And of course you meant 'wondervalue' when you said culture (Civ3 players understand).

I was gonna do an alternative but my XML Editor isn't working anymore for some reason

Btw Timeline that link doesn't seem to work for me.

And agree Locutus; if this is any thing like Civ3PTW non-US players could be waiting another 4 months for the retail to be available (got PTW in late Feb. in Australia).

Comment

And of course you meant 'wondervalue' when you said culture (Civ3 players understand).

thanks, I couldn't recall the right RON term while I was typing, so I used the Civ3 term.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

just use wordpad or even just plain old notepad to edit the thing...its just text
                        Are you down with ODV?

Comment

OK.
                          Since I couldn't D/L Timelines Mod I checked out the rules file and did the changes to stop wonder and territory victory, but I couldn't work out how to stop the armageddon count.

The AI WILL build wonders now!

(ps. Thanx for the heads up One_Dead_Villy; My system defaulted to opening the .xml's with explorer for some reason, which wouldn't allow editing, so I just assumed something 'special' was required.)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, actually using my file the AI will still build wonders, because I didn't disabel "Wonder Victory", I simply increased the amount of wonders needed to win to an unreachable number . AI's don't seem to know this and still compete very well to build them.

The link should work, it is hosted on Apolyton. I see 5 people have DL'ed it already.

To change armageddon, simply go to notepad and open the edit menu, use the "find" feature and type in "Armageddon". Change the nuke numbers that say 'per team' and 'per nation' (or something like that), and just set them to high values. It thereby disables armageddon.

Have fun all,
                            Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                              The link should work, it is hosted on Apolyton. I see 5 people have DL'ed it already.
                              Actually, four of those was me; It apparently 'downloaded' but ended the process by saying 'cannnot find file'. So I tried again . . . etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X