Why doesnt RON like my video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesnt RON like my video card?

I have a voodoo 3 with 16MB VRAM but RON doesnt like it. Any thoughts?
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

As it turns out, I was able to find out from a fansite that RON doesnt work with voodoo 3 cards AT ALL and its problematic with some others including some high powered new cards.

Its a pity this info wasnt on the BHG website.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

In the Readme there is a complete list of video cards that may have problems. The Voodoo problems are listed in there.

For the Voodoo it isn't so much an issue of supporting the card, as supporting a card that hasn't had driver updates in years. With Voodoo out of business and no driver updates it is really tough to support the card well.

Comment

I'm not complaining about BHG's lack of support for voodoo, as you say there's no driver updates. How do I get the readme? Download 194 MB and install the Demo. Thats OK for me, it took 10 min or so. What about someone with dial-up? Thats a long time to wait just to find out that the game wont work AT ALL. This info should be clearly available on the demo download page.

EDIT: after much searching on the official website I found 1 game requirements blurb hidden in the FAQ's that said no voodoo cards supported.
        Last edited by SpencerH; May 16, 2003, 07:07.

Comment

does it any where say which cards are suported?

Comment

Not that I've found at BHG. I'm sure they will update their site, but for now its a pain.

THIS SITE has RON troubleshooting including a list of problems with various video cards

Comment

So.... I happen to have an intell driver. Will there be a patch that fixes this, or should I just return it and figure I don't get to play?

Comment

Working...
              X