Commerce lvl 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commerce lvl 2

Commerce level 2 (coinage) says it allows you to colonize new continents.

Since I only have the demo I have been unable to find a sea map that would have seperate islands or continents.

Does anyone who has played the betas or other versions have any information about this?

What is a colony in RoN, is it just the ability to create a city outside of your national borders. Is there any way to establish colonies on a large land map?

dwpruitt23

I only have the demo also, but I would assume "colonize" in this case just means found new cities. I don't think there is any sort of colony structure in the game. So in a game with continents, you need this research to start up a city on a continent other than your starting continent.

I do wish they had included a sea map in the demo, so we could get a feel for the naval game. Those "great lakes" just aren't great enough for any real navy!
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

coloinize other continentes just means you can build cities on them.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Although come to think of it, this would have to mean that it lets you build cities outside your border also. There is not likely to be any land on another continent which is inside your border. I assume this special exemption only applies to the new continnent and not to your home continent.
        Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Originally posted by albiedamned
          Although come to think of it, this would have to mean that it lets you build cities outside your border also. There is not likely to be any land on another continent which is inside your border. I assume this special exemption only applies to the new continnent and not to your home continent.
          correct.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
          X