demo crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demo crashes

I can play the game but as soon as I pause or use a menu, it will freeze. arrrgh. I'm running aPIII 733, 256mb, voodoo4

I sure hope they fix it soon.

The demo also freezes on me twice yesterday within a 1/2 hour period. I was in the game both times and the mouse and units stooped moving and cap's lock keys, CTRL+ALT and return were not responding.

I am using :-

Windows 2000 Latest SP
    AMD Althon 1 GHZ
    256 MB RAM
    Geforce 2 MX (Well over clocked but fine in all other games)

Comment

Typical, blame the app.

Have you looked through your system and application logs? This might give you a hint on the issue.

Read the Readme file. Do you have any hardware that is explicitly listed as having issues with this game? There might be a fix or a work around listed.

Comment

Hi, i´m new here!
        I have tried the demo and have had the same problem!
        The game runs perfectly fine till it suddenly crash and the only way to end it is to press the power button.

Comp spec: P3 914 Mhz
        256 mb ram
        Geforce 3
        Xp pro

My own thoughts about this is that it could be some kind of memory problem.
        Last edited by Civ-Marcus01; May 16, 2003, 08:31.

Comment

I don't know if any developers vist these forums but there is also a similar thred at Heaven Gate so this does look like a real bug.

Comment

Thanx Doc! Wrote in that thread to. Hope the development team solves this bug soon!

Comment

I had a problem like this in the demo. After about 10 minutes in every game the screen would mess up and my pc would frezze.

I have a Nvidia graphics card and after I updated the driver the problem went away.

Comment

Thanks for the info. But i have also updated to the latest Nvidia driver for my Geoforce with no sucess.

Comment

I updated my drivers a couple of days ago and since then it has been fine.

I also changed the graphic setting in the RON.ini to high at the same time so it could of been either of these that solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X