ATTRITION - More Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTRITION - More Questions

O.K. The more I think about this, the more questions I have... although these are easy.

1 - Attrition effects on Air Units? My guess is none.

2 - Attrition effects on Ocean Units? My guess is none here also, as most ships probably have food stores.

3 - Sea and Air "borders" - Do they even exist in the air and in ocean? My guess is they don't.

Thanks for anyone who knows the answers to these questions.

~ L

Re: ATTRITION - More Questions

Originally posted by Leaper
    O.K. The more I think about this, the more questions I have... although these are easy.

1 - Attrition effects on Air Units? My guess is none.
    nope. they get it. i see red auras around them, and i've even seen them crash after prolonged exposure.

2 - Attrition effects on Ocean Units? My guess is none here also, as most ships probably have food stores.
    borders dont extend into the sea, so no attrition.

3 - Sea and Air "borders" - Do they even exist in the air and in ocean? My guess is they don't.
    no ocean. air units over enemy LAND take attrition.

Thanks for anyone who knows the answers to these questions.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

U.Krux -

Thanks man! That actually makes sense and makes me happy. Attrition on the ocean would not make much sense... but in the air... well... cool !

~ L

Comment

strange to have attrition in the air, but a quick question (since I haven't gotten to play it yet, doesn't like my video card), what do airplanes do when they aren't doing anything? Do they just hover, or do they land somewhere?
        You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Jay
          strange to have attrition in the air, but a quick question (since I haven't gotten to play it yet, doesn't like my video card), what do airplanes do when they aren't doing anything? Do they just hover, or do they land somewhere?
          if you orders your planes to attack something, they will go and bomb it.

if it is destroyed (or, if a city is reduced) they will bomb other surroundign buildings / units. when they run out of ammo / low on fuel, they return to their airbases. they will AUTOMATICALLY GO BACK to what they were doing after they resupply. NOTE THAT, because by the time you go back they might have air defenses.

if you tell your air units to defend something or patrol an area, they'll circle the area/object untill they to to refuel.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
          X