Tough AI in this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MahoTsukai
    Hey btw, lookking at UberCrux screenshots, I noticed that overall 2317 units were built (by all civs) and only 1627 were killed, again by all civs.

Now where are the 690 missing ??
    Alive?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by MxM

Alive?
      me and my ally both were still alive at the end, and i believe purple might have had some villes or something after their last city fell.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

kk I see. Between the lost and killed units there is still a diff of 30 pop. Did you disband some units ? Or does the comp kill his own units to make room ? The latter would be awesome.

Comment

I think ai is great

Thanks for the great job and I am very satisfied with my investment and EXTREMELY satisfied with the time,effort and resources committed by BHG.

I havent been satisfied with many games of late..but this has my thanks..for not taking advantage of the purchasing public!

Thanks again!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

To test the AI, I'd keep things at 1v1 first of all...
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I'm still playing the Trial version.

If find the game's difficulty to be directly related to the frequency you use the Pause option. After playing only a handful of 1v1 games, I can now beat the higher levels of the AI, when I allow myself to pause whenever I feel like it. I played a couple additional games, but only paused when I nature and other things called, in this case only beating the AI on Average and losing to the level above that.

This tells me that the AI is well-balanced, but not especially "good". If you're good/fast enough to force the AI to play on your terms, its strategies will not allow it to prevail. In this respect it is very similar to the Warcraft 3 AI (which is actually a lot tougher until you get a good hang of the game).

Watching the AI play against itself at the second-hardest difficulty, I've noticed some problems with it. For instance, it rally its new troops at a useless position in its empire, and will keep them there until it feels like attacking. A smart player will position his or her troops for defense on the frontlines, before pushing on to attack. You could argue that the AI is just making sure it has the "perfect" army to attack with. But this seems absurd, as it will often lose the first big skirmish in which it has to defend, since its the bulk of its troops are not available for about 20-30 seconds (and this with a General's Forced March ability). I may post some other comments on the AI after I play some more games.

Dominae
              And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

dominae I beat the AI on toughest, without pausin' that's in the trial version. The gold one seems a lot more smart and tougher. Gives me a run for my pesos at moderate o_O

Comment

The AI improved that much from Trial to Gold? Wow.

Dominae
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                    The AI improved that much from Trial to Gold? Wow.

Dominae
                    Yes..kinda amusing..say you set peace until "Period X"..once its over...Katie-Bar-The-Door!!!

It comes quickly, multifaceted attacks...front line backlines sideways..

Be prepared..makes Bantu a nice choice with extra citizens...

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                    X