Shall we Mod? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall we Mod? :)

Ok, this is probably a bit premature, lol, but I am already err.. "excited" *sigh* about the fact that RoN is so moddifiable.

I was thinking, I, a graphic designer, and others, programmers, could turn RoN into a more civ-like game.

Now, if it's possible, the building images could be shrunk, 1/10 their current size, and if so, I would turn them into more "city" like images, that are tiny, like in the game civilization, and when you build a barracks for example, it's not just a picture of barracks, but also houses, etc around that picture, and you can just attach that image to the side of your other buildings, so your city looks as if it's expanding. In the end you have something that looks like a city.

Really, the size of the land is irrelevant, the small buildings will create the illusion that the land is large.

For the programming side, I'm not sure how much can be edited, but most of it is already well in place I guess.
    be free

hey ive already started modding
    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Let's mod the population limit -- I'd love to see this game with massive thousands vs thousands battles.

Right now battles of ten tanks, five MLRS, 30 infantry, and some other units is fun...but the 200 limit kills!
      Veni, vidi, vici.
      [I came, I saw, I conquered].
      -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

I wonder if making everything smaller would speed the game up?
        be free

Comment

which the buildings or units too? or which?
          I think i did see a scaling factor in the XML files so it is possible to change the size of stuff.

but making thing smallers, will make it slower not speed up since the computer has to shows more units (and animate it) even though u dont see it cause they're smaller. It maybe ok, if your comp is powerful however.
          Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Originally posted by One_Dead_Villy
            which the buildings or units too? or which?
            I think i did see a scaling factor in the XML files so it is possible to change the size of stuff.

but making thing smallers, will make it slower not speed up since the computer has to shows more units (and animate it) even though u dont see it cause they're smaller. It maybe ok, if your comp is powerful however.
            i dunno, i got a p4 2GHz, and i cant seem to get more than 6 players without it slowing down, as is.

i only got 256 mb ram though. time to drop a gig in there
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

right that may help in that case....

i already have 1 Gig RAM in mine so no problems
              Are you down with ODV?

Comment

I resized the buildings and it works BEAUTIFULLY, which is wonderful, this game is MUCH easier to mod than Civ3 or any other game I've come across, woohoo!

p.s. I STILL think BHG did an outstanding job on the artwork, it is incredibly detailed. I don't know of any RTS with greater artwork.
                be free

Comment

Working...
                X