Changing resolution in RoN??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing resolution in RoN??

I see only two options here, 1024x768. 16 and 32 bit.

Can I sit the resolution higher??
    Vitaly Belman

Find the rise2.ini file in your game directory, open it up with notepad and find this line:

AllowAllResolutions=0

Change the 0 to a 1 and save.

Comment

I had 6 or 8 options IIRC, including my favourite 1600x1200 (both 16 and 32 bit).
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        I had 6 or 8 options IIRC, including my favourite 1600x1200 (both 16 and 32 bit).
        :drool:
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Vitaly if you are playing the demo that could explain the reduced options.

Comment

I have more resolution options in the demo. It is probably related to the game not being able to detect resolutions for older video cards, or the card can not support higher resolution.
            The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
            certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
            -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

I *am* playing the demo.

What options you get in most games depends on your video card and driver, though it does indeed have something to do with how the game detects the video as well. E.g. in Civ3, I only had 1 option for resolution as well, but it worked fine when I manually changed it in a text file. RoN worked like most other games I've played: all options were there (except for 800x600, but that's probably just not supported). And that despite a warning I got at start-up that my video card was not 'suitable' for RoN or whatever...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Theoretically, I think that RoN supports any resolution. it does seem to reset to 1024x768 every time after I run it, though (the demo).

However, rise2.ini file has the resolution in it, so you could theoretically type anything, even 3048x2076 . Provided the file still works that way in Gold...
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

i have set my game to 1024x768 16-bit at the start so that I can have a smoother game. when I restart the game the resolution resets to 1024x768 32-bit. i therefore have to set it up again. my hypothesis is that my desktop is set to 32-bit. does this have have something to do with it? i browsed the ini files and i can't find an option to set 16, 24, 32-bit. please help...
                  the underdog will soon rise

Comment

I tried changing it to 800x600 manually (in the rise2.ini file), but nothing happened. Either RoN doesn't support that resolution or the demo has built-in limitations as to what the player can change in the setup options.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Downer
                      Find the rise2.ini file in your game directory, open it up with notepad and find this line:

AllowAllResolutions=0

Change the 0 to a 1 and save.
                      That helped, thanks.
                      Vitaly Belman

Comment

The beta used to support 800x600, and I don't know why it doesn't now (by default on my system anyhow).

But the rez resetting thing is a pain in the as$.

Comment

I hope the retail version supports 800x600, I have a 15" monitor and, despite it being able to support 1024x768 res, I find that everything is too small on the screen. Besides, I don't have that good a system (Duron 850, 256 RAM, Geforce 2 64 MB), so I think that 800x600 would suit better my machine.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

If the option doesn't come up, there's a small entry in one of the .ini files (allowallresolutions=1 <----) that should activate it.

Comment

What type of video card do you guys have? I have the same problem (will use the allowallresoltutions tonight, thanks!), with a ATI Radeon 9500 Pro running the Omega Drivers.

My guess was that since the omega drivers change the 'name' of the video card to 'ATI Radeon 9700 Series (Omega Version x.x.x)' this breaks the video card detection code.

If that's the case, am I losing other features (pixel shader support, etc.)?

Comment

Working...
                              X