Population Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population Limit

The trial limit for population is 200 -- what can the ultimate limit be? I can already tell that a lot of units are needed to actually maintain defense, cause I was playing a 1 on 1 game vs a moderate computer...with a big lake in the middle of the map dividing everything, I could never muster enough troops to defend my major flanks...so what can the pop limit be set to in the final version?
    Veni, vidi, vici.
    [I came, I saw, I conquered].
    -- Gaius Julius Caesar

200 is the max in the real game, just as in AoE, iirc.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Is that moddable?

Comment

With the Peacock special resource I've gotten it to 220.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

well i'll look into it when i get a chance....but just about everything in RoN seems to be moddable so i cant imagine that not being also moddable
          Are you down with ODV?

Comment

I hope it can be modded, simply because units in this game can die quickly...so an unlimited cap would make sense, but it is also hard enough to get enough defense and counter attack forces to be ready.

Hopefully they can at least make a patch to add an unlimited option.
            Veni, vidi, vici.
            [I came, I saw, I conquered].
            -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              With the Peacock special resource I've gotten it to 220.
              yes, there are several resources and wonders that raise the max.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Bantu can go up to 250 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Madine
                  Bantu can go up to 250 I think.
                  i get Germany, Egypt, and China up to 250 all the time.

then again, i usually nab all the wonders

Comment

How do you do that? Don't you have 8 Wonder points in no-time, which automatically wins you the game? I find that extremely annoying. It should be changed to 25 or something IMO (or at least allow you to play on after you've won). I like the option of a cop-out victory, but IMHO it should be harder than it currently is...

Disabling/modifying the wonder-win is probably one of the first things I'll do once I have the full game...

Comment

L ~

This is a setting in the full game. And it's not calculated on Wonder Points per se. I believe it is actually the wonder point DIFFERENCE between any two civilizations that is set at 8 in the demo. Which means, as long as you sorta' keep up with your opponent in wonders (or vice versa), you should be o.k.

However, I will probably up it to 10 or 12 when I get the final version, as 8 is a bit low for me also.

Peace,

~ leaper

Comment

look no further Downer posted a mod to up the pop cap! rejoice you ant farmers!
                        Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Leaper,
                          Yup, I went into the textfiles and noticed the wonder settings. Like the pop settings, they can easily be changed: simply replace the 8s in lines 2065 and 2066 with whatever number you want I have it set to 16 now, we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the info about point difference though I had noticed that something wasn't right with the wonder victory but I hadn't figured out what yet. That would certainly explain it *and* keep things more interesting

ODV,
                          Yup, very nice, but it's too late for me, I had already modded that myself as well

Comment

well u have to share the wealth my man!
                            i'm sure a lot of people don't know what they're doing or too lazy to look into changing it themselves
                            Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
                            X